Topic: Yellowstone!
Forum Index : General : General Talk : Yellowstone!  
karoras-spirit

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 03 Jun 2006 07:21 AM         Subject: RE: Yellowstone!
But - but - but - Latin's awesome! O_O

Why'd you have to be a year ahead of your class? o_O

We're slightly nervous because Mrs. Reeve delights in telling us repeatedly that she's never had a student get anything less than an 'A' on the Lit paper. For the students who haven't got an A all year, this is somewhat concerning.
askme

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 04 Jun 2006 12:40 AM         Subject: RE: Yellowstone!
I started Latin last year, and at my new school people only start it this year. Therefor I'm a year ahead. Which means I get greatly distracted during class and do all my work at home. So lonely...
A lot of students are dropping Latin. I don't think they understood that Latin is a language when they took it up. They all expected to understand everything and get A's all the time. Most only get 65% on their tests. I've sort of forgotten why I ever started Latin. I think it was to annoy my brother, since he dropped it after three weeks.
"I rock so hard I should be studied by geologists." - Me.
karoras-spirit

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 05 Jun 2006 05:36 AM         Subject: RE: Yellowstone!
In our school, students start Latin in Year 8. Last year, when we were Latin Prefects, we were supposed to be running Latin Club for the Year 7's. Basically, they got to eat Roman food, look at Roman clothing and art, read translations of Roman poetry, and all the rest of it - but obviously didn't do any actual language work, since they hadn't started learning it yet. All was going well, but one girl got really. really. REALLY shirty about "When are we going to learn REAL Latin? I thought this was for people who wanted to learn Latin, not just eat grapes and honey!" and whatnot. XD
askme

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 05 Jun 2006 06:02 AM         Subject: RE: Yellowstone!
Accelerated kids had Latin from Year 7, but they had a mutiny and don't learn it any more at my old school. Never give midgets that much power. Here Latin only starts at Year 9...so it's all "So-and-so trips" and "So-and-so goes to the market" for them. Along with some (very) simplified Virgil. I feel so sorry for them trapped in the present tense.
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 06 Jun 2006 06:21 PM         Subject: RE: Yellowstone!
I want to learn Latin. I think that if a lot more subjects were offered, I'd actually totally take them. Except my teacher is all, "Rawr, you don't do your homework." And I'm like, "Rawr, because I read the book and already know it all. Doing the coursework is, therefore, futilely pointless." "If you know the answers, you can do it easily." "Yes, but it's six hours I'll never get back, damyew."
remember when?
askme

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 06 Jun 2006 11:17 PM         Subject: RE: Yellowstone!
From now on I'm going to say 'rawr' to all my teachers when they ask me for my homework.
I never did my history homework last year, after my efforts of getting accelerated work failed. I was so desperate to impress the school with one assignment that I wrote it in English, Welsh, and in Germanic runes. And I even wrote down all the extra notes about how it wouldn't have been carried in friggin' envelopes, and that it would have gotten wet and sprayed with salt on the journey over anyway so that was why there was salt on my assignment and damn them to the bowells of Hell I got the same mark as everyone else. So my last assignment I handed in was also done in Spanish and filled with curses about how stupid it was to try and make me do any Cortes assignment properly after how pissed off I was with them.
*sighs*
Sometimes I wonder if I would be happier as an ignorant fool. Oblivion must be so sweet.
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 11 Jun 2006 04:02 AM         Subject: RE: Yellowstone!
Ignorance is bliss, but ignorance is stupid bliss, so I think I still choose intelligence over ignorance. On the other hand...
remember when?
askme

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 11 Jun 2006 05:22 AM         Subject: RE: Yellowstone!
I would give up my intelligence if I lived somewhere isolated with enough money to entertain my simple pleasures. I could read children's books and draw pictures while sitting by the beach without anyone to judge me for the rest of my life.
Or why not be a hobbit?
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 12 Jun 2006 05:01 AM         Subject: RE: Yellowstone!
I wanna be an elf. They're pretty. Yeah.

I wonder, though, if they ever manage to injure themselves on their ears...
remember when?
askme

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 15 Jun 2006 05:17 AM         Subject: RE: Yellowstone!
Elves aren't clumsy. At least not around humans. I could kill for Elf ears. I briefly considered sticking pegs on my ears and attaching a rubber band to them to stretch them upwards, but I'm not going to wear that device in public.
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 15 Jun 2006 09:37 AM         Subject: RE: Yellowstone!
Elf ears are overrated. They stick out, so what if they flake off? You'd need like special ear cream.
remember when?
Forum Index : General : General Talk

Page: < 5 6 7
You're at 8 of 8 pages.