Topic: Describing Game!
Forum Index : Creative Outlet : Writer's Block : Describing Game!  
amandahudson48

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 04 Jan 2009 04:33 PM         Subject: RE: Describing Game!
(well, i don't really believe in love at first sight, but here goes)

I see him from across the room. He's talking to his friend, laughing. His golden hair glows and his deep blue eyes look through to my soul. I gasp as he looks at me and smiles. He's beautiful. I know that in that moment, I have to speak to him. I have to talk to this beautiful boy. I realize I've stopped moving, and I slowly pick up one foot and place it in front of the other.

Describe getting lost in a maze.
"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans."

I'm Amanda.
Talk to me.
mizzshears

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 04 Jan 2009 04:54 PM         Subject: RE: Describing Game!
Laughing and running around like headless chickens, going round and round in circles not getting anywhere.. I decided to try and get to the end myself, the chatter became distant the giggling faded. Twenty minutes later and I was still on my own, I’d lost all hope of ever finding the exit. I sat down and rested my legs. I could feel a headache developing like a drum banging faster and faster inside my skull. Who thought this was a good idea? I should have stayed with the others even if they were getting on my nerves, I could have been out by now. I slowly stand up my legs quivering I feel so claustrophobic I’m sure everything’s closing in on me, everything’s dark, I hear a man’s voice; ‘hello, are you okay?’ I want to reply but my lips won’t move I feel like I’m floating, floating up and out!

Describe what it's like finding out you're adopted
Nickname: Burdock

mizzshears

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 04 Jan 2009 04:55 PM         Subject: RE: Describing Game!
All this describings put me in the mood to write a story now...i'll put it on my to do list :wink:

amandahudson48

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 04 Jan 2009 05:22 PM         Subject: RE: Describing Game!
It couldn't be true. I had my mother's eyes and my father's nose. This was my family. It had to be a mistake. No, it was just some joke. I wasn't adopted. Yet, there was the cream colored paper that told all. I was adopted. This wasn't my family. I felt like some oddball who didn't belong. No one else in the family had my pale skin and light hair. I'd never really cared before, because this was my family for as long as I'd known. I decided that whether they were my biological family or not, and the latter was obviously correct, I was still a part of this family. They still loved me. Nothing was really all that different. I just had to keep repeating that to myself and maybe I'd believe it.

Describe being deaf.

I'm Amanda.
Talk to me.
mizzshears

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 04 Jan 2009 09:02 PM         Subject: RE: Describing Game!
I always wondered what it would be like to be able to hear things, everyone I knew were so pasionate about music, I longed to join them. Sometimes I would sit in the house with my sisters headphones on just to feel like I belonged. How i'd love to be able to hear everything, laughter, footsteps, crisp packets, car engines, someone sobbing after a drunken night out. I would always be the one people talked about whenever they noticed, funny really all this attention for something I can't help, yet there's people craving attention and no one takes any notice.

describe being blind

-egocentricity-

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 05 Jan 2009 12:45 PM         Subject: RE: Describing Game!
Black is my favorite color, because it is the only one that I can truly "see". Black is my world. My eyes function only as swiveling orbs, seeing nothing, disconnected, diverted ... They are useless. I have been long adjusted to this sightlessness - it is all I have ever known. Heightened sensations of touch, smell, and sound have always served as my guides. They paint pictures in my head of what I'd like to imagine I'd see if I was not blind. I know they are innacurate and incorrect, though, and that I am seeing with a vision of idealism, rather than reality. I am questioned relentlessly about my physical state. What is it like to be blind? Do you ever wish you could see? What DO you see? To be blind is to be me. I know nothing other than this. I face challenges, but to me, those challenges are life. Do I wish to see ... Yes, at times. But sometimes I think my imagination's brighter. And what do I see ... I see everything - everything you see, just in a different way. I believe I see a lot more than those who's eyes are processing the light and information before them ...

Describe finding out that Santa isn't real.
[ it's an " e g o thing. " ]
amandahudson48

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 05 Jan 2009 08:34 PM         Subject: RE: Describing Game!
I had always gotten presents for my entire life. Being told that it was all some trick played by parents literally crushed me. There was a lump in my throat. Santa'd always been someone I admired and secretly envied. He had to be a pretty cool guy to get out that many presents in one night. Only now, I knew he didn't do any of that. Christmas would never be the same.

Describe getting into the college of your choice.

I'm Amanda.
Talk to me.
-egocentricity-

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 06 Jan 2009 07:37 AM         Subject: RE: Describing Game!
My father walked in the house with a pile of mail clenched in his fist. Held in his other hand was a slightly larger, uncrumpled letter - a letter addressed to me. The address displayed the name of the college I had most hoped to attend. My breath caught in my throat; this was it. If I opened it, I'd either be immediately crushed, or instantly elated. I blinked a few times as he handed it over to me. My father, just like myself, was staring expectantly at the envelope. He nudged me, and I moved my clumsy fingers in an attempt to break the seal. After a slight struggle, I pulled the letter out with shaking hands. I closed my eyes as I unfolded it, and drew in a deep breath. It was now or never - I had to look. "We are pleased to inform ... " A smile crept over my face, pulling at the corners of my mouth as I continued to read. " ... We are pleased to inform you that you've been accepted into __________ . " In a state of shock, I read and re-read that fateful line. This was - quite literally - a dream come true. This was what I had wished for, worked for, planned for ... this was the next stage in my life, and I wanted that next stage to take place at the college of my choice. In that moment, nothing could have made me happier.
Describe getting arrested for something that you truly did not do.
[ it's an " e g o thing. " ]
iloveharrypotter

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 06 Jan 2009 12:52 PM         Subject: RE: Describing Game!
Innocently driving down the road. I heard the sirens behind me. "Some one's busted." I thought. It took me several minutes to realize that the threatening cop car was trailing me. They were directly behind me. Pulling over, or keep going forward, pretending they weren't there, would both make me seem guilty. I stopped in the middle of the road. The cop car seemed shocked, and screeched to a halt behind me. "You're under arrest." was the only thing I heard, lost in the sea of my own confusion. I hadn't done anything, I was simply rushing home from work. The shackles of handcuffs encircled my wrists. "What did I do?" I was able to stutter out. "Oh, you KNOW what you did." One said violently, with the ugly taste of hate in his voice. But I didn't. I truly did not know what I had done, or why I was spending the night crying on the floor of a jail.

Describe lying to your parents about something serious.
amandahudson48

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 07 Jan 2009 07:57 PM         Subject: RE: Describing Game!
This wasn't me. I didn't do this kind of thing. I was a good daughter. I told the truth. I just couldn't bear to now. I felt sick, lying about something like this. I knew it'd come out eventually, but now was not the time. I don't know if there'd ever be a time, but for now, my parents were going to remain in the dark on this one.

Describe finding out someone you thought was dead is actually alive.

I'm Amanda.
Talk to me.
mizzshears

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 08 Jan 2009 08:27 PM         Subject: RE: Describing Game!
Right I really overdid this one, but I started with a story and then I was like ooo ermmm gotta include that haha so it goes on for a little while...haha..

It took approximately 3 years, 7 months 12 days, 3 hours, 55 minutes and roughly 22 seconds after my marriage for my husband to leave me, I remember turning around in bed about to snuggle up to him, but my arm fell on the cold sheets instead. It was the morning after my birthday, he’d taken me out for a romantic meal at a top notch restaurant in town, you know the sort, where you have to book about a week in advance. He looked at me with as much love in his eyes as he had done 3 years and 7 months ago, I had no idea he was about to leave me in the morning. It only struck me that he’d left when I found there were only my clothes in the wardrobe, it looked so empty, so bare. One of the suitcases was missing from the top of the wardrobe…his. I didn’t know what to do, did the last three years mean nothing? Was it all just a game to him? A part of me was missing and the only person I could turn to was my best friend Chloe. I was in such state, the rest of the day was a blur, all I know is that I had 3 boxes of tissues and 2 bars of chocolate and there was nothing left within hours. My mobile rang, a loud piercing buzz vibrating on the table, I was going to leave it but I noticed the caller, it was my brother in law. ‘Hello’ I said in a muffled ‘I’ve just been crying for hours’ voice. ‘He’s…he’s..’ his voice sounded heavy and thick, ‘I’m so sorry…he’s…dead…’ I dropped the phone, it must have landed with a thump because Chloe came running in. I couldn’t hear anything, I felt dizzy and sick the room went blank for a second, I felt blank, I felt numb my heart sank. I stared at the wall, I didn’t cry and I didn’t speak, I just sat there waiting for something to happen, waiting for him to walk through the door any minute and hug me. Days turned into weeks, weeks into months, months into years, 7 years, 3 months 28 days, 18 hours, 73 minutes and 53 seconds to be precise. I hadn’t changed much, I’d gotten on with my life, but I never met anyone that could even compare to him, the way he smelt, the way I felt when he’d kiss me, the way he looked when his heart melted, there was only me who could do that no one else just me. How could I forget? Even though he mysteriously vanished the day he died, even though he left me alone, even though there was so many questions I needed to ask him, I’d give anything to just spend one night with him, to tell him how much I loved him and how much I cared, even after all this time.
That’s when I heard a knock at the door, it sounded familiar, that one knock brought back so many memories, it was our secret knock, it was probably just a coincidence but still it made me happy to be remembered of him. I didn’t recognise the figure standing outside, it looked like my brother in law, but he hadn’t seen me for a couple of years. We stayed quite close after my husband’s death but like friends do we drifted apart, everybody said they looked like twins, apart from me, to me I could see a whole world of difference. I opened up the door still in my pyjamas I opened it only enough so they could see my face. I adjusted my eyes to the bright sun outside, ‘hello stranger’ the man spoke, in a VERY familiar voice. I squinted my eyes, and rubbed them with my hands, it felt like a dream..a nightmare…I wasn’t quite sure. I analysed him up and down, he’d changed a lot but I knew for a fact that, the person stood before me was the same person I married. But how? He’s dead….I went to his funeral…I cried days..months..years, and still I wasn’t over it. I threw all logic out of the window, opened the door fully and flung my arms around his neck. He was thinner than he used to be…but then again so was I, his hair was lighter and his skin was more tanned than mine. He also showed signs of silver grey streaks coming through his mouse brown hair. I didn’t want to let go, I didn’t want to lose him again, it’s not every day someone you thought was dead turns out to be alive. It was too good to be true, but I intended not to wake up…if it was a dream…I still wasn’t sure…

Describe what it's like to be picked out as a supermodel

amandahudson48

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 08 Jan 2009 08:52 PM         Subject: RE: Describing Game!
Btw, I wasn't really sure what you meant by "picked out".

I was just sitting in the salon, waiting to be attended to. A guy walked up to me. He was lanky with black hair. "Wow," he said eyeing me from all angles. I started to get embarrassed. "Uhm, is there a problem?" I asked him. I didn't know what was going on. "You're perfect," he said. "Perfect.. for what?" I asked. He didn't say anything right away, but he took away the magazine I'd been reading. "I'm a fashion designer in Paris. I think you'd be perfect for my fashion show coming up next month," he said sitting down beside me. "No, thank you. I'm.. I'm not a model, actually," I said. I picked up the magazine again, but once again, he took it. "I think you could be, though. Please, won't you consider it?" he asked. "Uhm...," I mumbled. I wasn't considering this. I couldn't be. "Are you serious?" I asked. This guy was probably just playing some cruel joke. "Not at all, Miss..?" he trailed off. "It's Kate," I told him. "Nice to meet you, Kate. I'm Bernian Kross," he said. I'd heard of him. He had the most exclusive fashion shows in the world. Was he seriously asking me to model for his line? "I don't have any experience," I told him. "I can train you. I see potential. Look, just call me in a few days and tell me your answer. I'd love to have you," he said. He handed me a card. I took it and felt the paper. "I'll get back to you." "Please do, Kate. Please do. You'd love it. I mean, modeling. I'm sure of it," he said. "Look, Mr. Kross, this is the opportunity of a lifetime and it's one I can't turn down. Your answer is yes. I'll do it. I'll model, of course, only if you'll have me," I said. "Meet me at the address on the card tomorrow," he said. I nodded. What a day at the salon!

Describe being a vampire.

I'm Amanda.
Talk to me.
mizzshears

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 08 Jan 2009 09:16 PM         Subject: RE: Describing Game!
that's what I meant :D

I woke up, the smell of dust and neglect lingered in the air, my eyes felt like they were glued together, I didn’t want to open them. I heard a grinding noise as someone was sliding the lid of my coffin off. I could see a beam of sunlight hitting my eyelids even though they were shut tight. The sharp tingle of heat burned my ice cold skin. I could smell the warmth, I could also smell the distinct scent of humans. My throat ached as I thought about the flow of their blood, the way it soothed and made me feel alive. No one would miss a couple of people right? It was their fault, they shouldn’t be poking around in here. I hadn’t fed for about 5 days and I felt weak inside, the scent of blood sent a spark up my body, I felt like the monster of Frankenstein, awoken for the first time. The human finally lifted the whole of the lid from my coffin, I heard a gasp. I opened my eyes, I could only imagine the fear that they he was experiencing, I didn’t care I needed to cure my thirst, I needed more energy my body needed fuel and this was the only way I could get it. The human ran for his life, whilst I climbed out of my coffin. Stupid humans, it took me about a second to catch him, I grabbed his shoulders. His skin burned mine, I opened my mouth, my jaw dislocated to fit around his neck, he struggled to move but my hands held him firm against the wall. Whilst I enjoyed the feeling of becoming stronger, I felt like I could drink forever.

Describe being stalked

amandahudson48

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 08 Jan 2009 09:40 PM         Subject: RE: Describing Game!
I turned down another corner. He was still behind me. I started walking quicker. I'd already turned three corners and this guy, whoever he was, was still right behind me. A thousand what ifs ran through my mind. I thought about pulling my cell phone out and calling someone. Maybe it'd scare him away or maybe he'd just attack me right then. The latter thought kept me from reaching into my pocket. My house was less than a mile away. I'd be home in about ten minutes. I just had to make it ten minutes. I thought about running, but that would only let him know that I knew he was behind me. I was scared of what would happen if he thought that, so I just walked quickly. I was only about two minutes from the house now. Shouldn't this guy have just attacked me by now? It was late night. No one would ever see him. He could have just killed me right then. And, in that moment, I would have almost preferred it to what I was thinking he may be planning on doing to me. Then I realized there were no more footsteps behind me. I turned away and the guy was opening a door to a house on my street. It was the only other house on the street besides mine. I was just being paranoid. He wasn't some crazed stalker at all. My imagination had just been playing tricks on me.

Describe being dumped.

I'm Amanda.
Talk to me.
mizzshears

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 11 Jan 2009 08:01 PM         Subject: RE: Describing Game!
I felt like I had just been punched in the stomach. I couldn't see what i'd done wrong, I thought we were perfect, I loved being with him every second of the day, I thought he did too..obviously I was wrong. I'm the type of person who sees the best in everybody, all my friends thought he'd been cheating on me. I couldn't see how that was possible, why would anyone do that? I thought we were in love, everytime I looked into his eyes it gave me goosepimples, everytime he said he loved me the hairs on the back of my neck would stand up, like soldiers awaiting orders. Now it was over, now I had no one to phone in the middle of the night, I had no one to share my deepest thoughts with I felt alone, isolated, every where I went there would be couples, hand in hand, so loved up. I never even imagined what it would be like to not have him, but now I havn't, I know it seems over dramatic but I really feel like my world has just vanished.

Describe finding out you're dead

Forum Index : Creative Outlet : Writer's Block

Page: < 13 4 5 Next>>
You're at 2 of 6 pages.