Topic: Last book you read?
Forum Index : Entertainment : Books : Last book you read?  
askme

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 21 Apr 2006 04:41 AM         Subject: RE: Last book you read?
I guess it depends which way you want to fly there. Mannerheim says I can get to Anchorage for US $300, which means I can afford it. I just asked my mother if I could go.
"I'm not sending you there alone, even just for the holidays!"
"I don't have to go alone."
"Then who with?"
No one wants to go with me. I can go to Canada, but to the East, not the West.
"I rock so hard I should be studied by geologists." - Me.
fuzzynerds

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 21 Apr 2006 03:20 PM         Subject: RE: Last book you read?
I like being homeschooled... It had really no impact on my social life... heck, I had more of a social life than my public school friends... but now I moved... and I don't have friends... and I sit at home on the compy. muah.

[edit]whoa, that was weird. haha. I got to the second page, and the first post is still there. That's kind of useful.
Still a lurker. But I love you.
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 21 Apr 2006 06:42 PM         Subject: RE: Last book you read?
Just get an adult to buy you the plane ticket and sneak over here away, or something, yo. ...

Away over here. Yeah. Spending the night at my friend's is rotting my brain. But her happy bunny shirt is ... nice. XD

"school prepares you for the real world.

which also sucks."

Wow, off topic.
remember when?
askme

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 22 Apr 2006 06:37 AM         Subject: RE: Last book you read?
I actually like my school, despite the fact that 98% of all the girls there are snobs. However, I'd rather be homeschooled any day, so long as my parents aren't about. But...if I were homeschooled, then my brother would do the same thing. Which means it'd be like a long weekend until university. I wouldn't be able to handle that. My school tries very hard to prepare me for the real world. I do community work once a week, but otherwise we're kept locked up in an old mansion with musty-smelling bathrooms.
First difference between public schools and private schools:
Public schools will send you to Alpine School...in the Victorian Alps. Private schools will send you to Apline School...in the Swiss Alps.
Second difference:
Public schools don't have fields. They have wastelands. Private schools are the only places in Australia that actually have any green grass.
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 22 Apr 2006 08:24 PM         Subject: RE: Last book you read?
Mm, not up here. Differences between private schools and public schools: Uniforms; public schools don't have them. Tuition; public school doesn't have it. You get different half days and holidays and vacation times, testing is probably done at different times, and your playgrounds probably aren't as good because you have less land and money.

Homeschooling has no uniforms, no tuition (usually), different half days and holidays because you never (or only rarely) go to (a) school, you take testing on the same days but at a different place, you don't get playgrounds, you don't get a school building, you CAN take college (university) classes in high school (college), and you can take classes at high school (college) while still being homeschooled, and you can get free computers from the homeschool group!
remember when?
fuzzynerds

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 23 Apr 2006 03:43 PM         Subject: RE: Last book you read?
ooh, your homeschool group gives out free computers? Lucky. Mine is awesome, (we have a Prom, small groups, and graduation and everything) but we don't get any specific school stuff. heh. Though I guess mine is more of a social outlet than an academic thing. I'm actually schooled through a private school somewhere in Illinois. They send me the cirriculum and I do it, send it back, and they grade me. heh.
askme

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 23 Apr 2006 06:05 PM         Subject: RE: Last book you read?
My school reminds me a lot of a kindergarten...possibly because I share it with little kids. You're kind of in there from birth to grade 10, and then you go to the Big School with the boys.
Good thing about our school, is that girls in my grade can go anywhere. The kids in the elementary school can only stay in their area. One of their border lines is the cafeteria, so whenever they annoy me I just walk there and they have to stop, turn around, and walk back to their area. It's like a force-field.
I apparently have a "social" coming up. I asked someone the difference between that and the "formal", and they said you had to dress "casually" for the "social". I was like, sure, trousers and a shirt. Then I heard all these girls talking about buying expensive shoes and cocktail dresses. We're fourteen! You don't wear cocktail dresses when you're fourteen!
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 23 Apr 2006 10:38 PM         Subject: RE: Last book you read?
I'd just like to take a moment to marvel at our miraculous ability to get so off topic. XD I mean.. look at what this topic is about.. and look at what we're discussing. rofl. XD

Well, it's not free, but the school district pays for our books and computers and things, so we don't need to pay, um, anything.
remember when?
askme

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 24 Apr 2006 04:53 AM         Subject: RE: Last book you read?
Right. Books. Erm...I read The Farseekers by Isobelle Carmody while waiting for one of the doctors in the Orthopaedic Department this morning.
fuzzynerds

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 24 Apr 2006 03:22 PM         Subject: RE: Last book you read?
and since when do we ever stay on topic anyway? haha. Some random newbie will come in and say the last book they read and we'll start talking about that. ;)
askme

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 24 Apr 2006 07:28 PM         Subject: RE: Last book you read?
I find it more amusing when we ignore the newbie post and go on rambling.
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 24 Apr 2006 09:00 PM         Subject: RE: Last book you read?
As do I.

Oh, completely off topic (I looked at y'alls post counts and had a seizure), but I should make little blinkie things for when we all break 100 posts, and then 200 posts, and then 300, and then 500, and then 1000...
remember when?
askme

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 24 Apr 2006 09:11 PM         Subject: RE: Last book you read?
You're always going to be ahead of us, Keriana. I usually refrain from posting when I don't think I've got anything to say. But meh, if I ever want to make it to a thousand posts, I guess I've got to.
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 24 Apr 2006 09:17 PM         Subject: RE: Last book you read?
Not necessarily. I used to post whether I had something to say or not, and I racked my post count up, but then I just posted where I want to. I just have this miraculous ability to babble insanely on almost any topic.
remember when?
askme

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 24 Apr 2006 09:27 PM         Subject: RE: Last book you read?
I should try that, but I fear moderators. You, in other words.
Forum Index : Entertainment : Books

Page: < 13 4 5 Next>>
You're at 2 of 50 pages.