Topic: Your Oddness and Phobia's...
Forum Index : General : General Talk : Your Oddness and Phobia's...  
merrilymemory

Pwned Newbie
Profile | Journal
Posted: 01 Mar 2007 07:30 PM         Subject: RE: Your Oddness and Phobia's...
Well... I don't know about hipbones, but I love hips, especially on women. Curves are wonderful.

As for myself...

I eat with baby spoons/forks. I don't know why, but I like the smaller bites more-so than in a tea- or tablespoon. Also, I only eat stale torilla chips. Why? Once again, I don't know. :x
Third, I love blood; I am absolutely fascinated by it. I love smelling it too--especially with people with a high iron intake. I suck on my own when I get hurt--love the taste because of the iron--and if diseases weren't passed on in blood, I'd do it for others if they were willing. >_>
On that note, I love the taste of rust. ...I really, really like iron.
In addition, I gnaw on my fingers to eat the skin. Mainly around the joints or over my fingerprints. (Heh, my fingerprints tend to be messed up due to this.)
Hmm... I also use hairdryers as my personal white noises. Apparently, it annoys everyone but me.

That's all I can really think of outside my fetishes. o.O And I'm sure you don't want to hear about those.
askme

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 02 Mar 2007 02:31 AM         Subject: RE: Your Oddness and Phobia's...
Okay...
I am afraid of:
Heights - I can't even stand on a chair without nearly pissing myself with terror.
Physical contact - I despise anything beyond a handshake lasting more than two seconds.
The lady on the ad for Australian Pensioner's Insurance Agency. She must be destroyed. I'll actually switch off all the televisions and scream whenever she comes on.
Frogs - I don't like them. Don't know why. Might be a fear derived from the ones that rip your skin off.
Elvis - specifically that song that mentions a chapel.
Monkeys - I will never, ever, accept a chimp as my brother/sister.
The dark - I get panic attacks if my light won't switch on.
Water - I can't swim. Also, I hate deep water. I hate baths. I hate giving piranhas any opportunity to get me.
Piranhas - ever since James Bond when I was four...
A movie called something like Baron von Munchausen - it freaked a younger me.
Giant spiders from outer space - generally me and spiders get along. But when they're so big they can kill cows, it's a different story.
Stickers - I hate stickers. I hate them on apples. I hate them on people. I hate pricetags. I hate bandaids. I hate anything remotely sticky.

Odd habits:
I wash my hands at least eight times every morning before I eat breakfast.
I count how many cornflakes are in my bowl. If I have four too many, I put them back in the packet. Three more is fine, though.
I check my elbows every day.
I bite my nails when I'm sad/sick.
I organise my writing notes thrice a month.
I write and rewrite timelines for books when I'm bored.
I tie my laces again just before I go to school, and I pull up my socks before I go home.
I can't eat in my pajamas, or if my hair hasn't been brushed. In fact, I can't do anything unless my hair has been brushed. And I mean completely. It there's a part that hasn't been touched my the brush, I have to do it all over again.
I can't drink more than once out of a glass. If I want a refill, I get a different glass.
Half the year I organise everything alphabetically, and the other half I organise it chronologically.
I talk to myself. Badly. Sometimes I can't stop myself, so there I am whispering to myself on public transport. The worst thing is that it's always the same stuff, so I get even more annoyed having to hear the same thing several times a day. No, I do not have TS.
When I'm happy I tend to talk by making weird sounds. Like "snarjjafrouzhounashnash."
I can't eat anything that hasn't got salt in it or on it. I'm not diabetic or anything...I just constantly crave salt.

Oh yeah, Samanthajo, you sure that guy hadn't just read or seen The Bone Collector?

"I rock so hard I should be studied by geologists." - Me.
xhan

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 02 Mar 2007 02:58 AM         Subject: RE: Your Oddness and Phobia's...
The lady on the ad for Australian Pensioner's Insurance Agency. She must be destroyed. I'll actually switch off all the televisions and scream whenever she comes on.

YES. She is indeed and evil beast from hell. Destroy her we must.

Oh.. and add to my oddities list that...

- I tap my right thumbnail to my bottom lip. I don't know why. I've done it for years.
samanthajo24

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 02 Mar 2007 03:54 AM         Subject: RE: Your Oddness and Phobia's...
"Well... I don't know about hipbones, but I love hips, especially on women. Curves are wonderful."

Yep, I agree about the curves. I like my curves. :D But I just found it odd that a guy would want to feel a hipbone because he find it pleasurable. He didn't even see my hips or anything he just kinda said 'it will be nice'.... *confused* why?!

Oh yeah, Samanthajo, you sure that guy hadn't just read or seen The Bone Collector?

o.O Maybe he has... That gives me more reason to stay clear from him. lol ....

Another odd fact about myself that I realised today...

When I'm eating my cornflakes, I have to have a certain spoon or I can't eat. It always has to be the completely rounded spoon, not the one's that are oval shaped. :?
Sammy Jo
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 02 Mar 2007 11:21 PM         Subject: RE: Your Oddness and Phobia's...
I memorize songs absurdly quickly. Quicker still with lyrics-- I look them up, read them, and then the next time the song comes on, I can sing the entire song back to you. asdagsdhasd. (Yet, for some reason, I've yet to memorize the Open Door album. MAYBE COZ IT KINDA SUCKS.)

I think Coca Cola always tastes better from glass bottles.

If I start doing something, I have to do it extremely well. I can't do it badly. Especially with homework-- I will write the question, and the answer, and show my work (neatly in the margins), and give essay-length questions to the questions that require them.

And I'm homeschooled. So I check my own work. It's really odd to be checking your own opinions. I just skip them now. "They're my opinions, of course they're right..."
remember when?
xhan

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 03 Mar 2007 06:08 AM         Subject: RE: Your Oddness and Phobia's...
When sitting at my computer I curl my feet on a really weird angle. It's probably not a good thing... considering that I get really bad pins and needles when I move again. But I don't know I'm doing it. So. Yes.

I drink rum and coke UDL's only from a bottle. I refuse if it's in a tin. Same goes for beer.

And Keri. The fact that your always giving everything your best is a really good thing. Go Keri Go! XD
sliced-bread-no2

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 03 Mar 2007 12:48 PM         Subject: RE: Your Oddness and Phobia's...
more about me which i've realised

- if something happens to me, i sometimes say ow, even if it doesnt hurt
- i always have to drink pop from a bottle, rather than a can
- all cereal must be in milk or i wont eat it, every single piece, with the exception of frosted shreddies
- i sometimes mime whatever i've just said without realising
"If the Rock hits you, it will kill you, if he misses, the wind created by his miss will give you Pneumonia and you will die anyway"- The Rock

xhan

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 03 Mar 2007 11:26 PM         Subject: RE: Your Oddness and Phobia's...

- I refuse to eat cereal WITH milk.
- I drum my hands on the steering wheel to whatever music is playing when I drive.
- I appoligise to inanimate objects. Eg. If I run into a table I have to say sorry to the table.
samanthajo24

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 04 Mar 2007 06:55 AM         Subject: RE: Your Oddness and Phobia's...
"appoligise to inanimate objects. Eg. If I run into a table I have to say sorry to the table."

I've done that quite a few times. I once bumped into a chair and I said sorry to it :shock: my freind that was with me at the time, she burst out laughing. kinda funny actually.
Sammy Jo
idiotbox13666

Pwned Newbie
Profile | Journal
Posted: 24 Mar 2007 09:05 PM         Subject: RE: Your Oddness and Phobia's...
(1) I can't ever have the volume on my mp3 player on an odd number. ((I'll go insane until I change it.))
(2) I have to have my bedroom door shut at all times. Even if I just go in to get something and come back out.
(3) When I go to sleep, I have to be listening to music or I will lie there and stare at the walls.
(4) I'm deathly afraid of water any higher than my chest. ((I drowned once.))
(5) If I step on a crack on the sidewalk with, let's say my left foot, I'll feel really uncomfortable until I step on a crack with my right foot.
(6) I fear that one day everyone in the world will die and leave me here completely alone.
distortedcogniti
on

Pwned Newbie
Profile | Journal
Posted: 25 Mar 2007 03:02 PM         Subject: RE: Your Oddness and Phobia's...
Phobias:
+ Age.
+ Responsibility.
+ Abandonment.

Oddnesses:
+ On medication for hallucinations and delusions.
+ Also on meds for mood swings and depression.
+ Has a 'people-repellent'.
+ Both loves and hates unconditionally.
+ Is a living, breathing paradox.
+ Looks at rare word dictionaries for fun.
+ Researches completely different things on the spur-of-the-moment.
+ Always has an impulse to jump out of a moving car.
+ Doesn't trust people but tells them everything anyway.
+ Has no secrets.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That's pretty much all I can think of right now.
idiotbox13666

Pwned Newbie
Profile | Journal
Posted: 25 Mar 2007 05:26 PM         Subject: RE: Your Oddness and Phobia's...
I have also realized that I can't stop or pause a song after it starts. It makes me feel really uncomfortable until I play the song again and listen to it the whole way through.
Gayness ROCKS.
karoras-spirit

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 26 Mar 2007 02:27 PM         Subject: RE: Your Oddness and Phobia's...
Phobias:
=Vomit. Anyone's. Hearing it, smelling it, watching it, feeling sick, anything like that makes me hyperventilate.
=Uhm, think that's it. I'm not easily scared.
=Oh, I lied. Sealife. Dad took me and my borther to the Sealife centre once. I freaked. Lobsters, jellyfish, stingrays, the whole lot made me scream.

Oddness:
=I need both sides of my body to be symmetrical. If my left foot is on the floor, I must swap sides so my right foot is for the same amount of time. If I touch something cold with my left hand, I have to do it with my right as well. If I twitch the muscles in one side of my neck or mouth, I have to do it on the other side as well. I do some weird gesture/touching/etc like this about every fifteen to twenty minutes and it can last for a few minutes each time until I feel balanced, so I look either epileptic or like I have a ton of nervous twitches.
=The backlight on my mp3 player changes colour when you press a button. When skipping songs, changing volume etc. I have to press buttons until the backlight shows either lilac or turquoise - or red if I'm in the dark.
=I tapdance when I'm idle. I either do pick-up timesteps or...whatever they're called. Tap-step-heel-heel-pickup-heel-toe-heel. Those. Two syncopated, two even, over and over again.
=Like Keri, I have to shut the front door so that it clicks twice.
=I. CANNOT. STAND. PEOPLE. WRITING. WITHOUT SOMETHING UNDERNEATH THE PAPER. You know when you just have one sheet of paper on the desk, so you can hear yourself writing? It drives me INSANE. There are no words to describe how much I hate it. I've confused so many people by shoving a textbook at them and snarling, "Lean on that!"
=When I write, I fold my left arm up and put my head on it so it's a few inches above the paper, and unfocus my eyes so I can't see what I'm writing. This may be why my writing's so awful.
=I talk to myself. Doesn't everyone? Sometimes I just chatter, sometimes I rehearse conversations over and over again.
=In cars, I listen to the sound the engine makes and the car as it travels over the road. It sounds like Gregorian chanting to me.
=Equally, I get weird little rhythms involving blinking or twitching my eyes or the sides of my mouth or my neck, in time with the streetlights or power lines passing the window of the car/train. Again with the looking like I have nervous tics.
=Sometimes while writing, I get the urge to write a certain word or phrase. Even if I know it would be better to write the sentence another way, I HAVE to write it that way, then cross it through (with one line, so I can still read it) and write it out the way that makes more sense.
=I have a certain system of underlines (single, wavy, jagged, double or triple), capitals, italics and writing sizes for titles, subheadings, bullet points etc. in my notes. If I use the wrong colour or underline style for a title, I freak and start the page again. I also do the arrows in reactions with a ruler.
xhan

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 27 Mar 2007 12:36 AM         Subject: RE: Your Oddness and Phobia's...
I CANNOT. STAND. PEOPLE. WRITING. WITHOUT SOMETHING UNDERNEATH THE PAPER.

I feel your pain. x_x;
lindsay02

Pwned Newbie
Profile | Journal
Posted: 01 Apr 2007 01:33 PM         Subject: RE: Your Oddness and Phobia's...
Well. This phobia is directed towards me. But my friend, Lynsie, WILL NOT bend her wrists. She is afraid of them. If she moves it in an odd way she will flip out and have an attack and blame it on other people. I think she need to seek professional help. haha.
"Wanna Know A Fun Fact?"
Forum Index : General : General Talk

Page: < 13 Next>>