Topic: doesn't it just annoy you when...
Forum Index : General : General Talk : doesn't it just annoy you when...  
shiny-italy

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 16 May 2009 03:20 PM         Subject: RE: doesn't it just annoy you when...
That doesn't happen at metal concerts haha. We all do scream and jump up and down but it's usually in a considerate way. And during the ballads we are respectful..at least at the concerts I went to lol
I'm Heather. I'm 27 years old and I live in Fairbanks, Alaska. I love glaciers!
mizzshears

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 16 May 2009 03:52 PM         Subject: RE: doesn't it just annoy you when...
Ugh that would annoy me too :[
I don't really get that problem, people usually wait to say their 'I love you's' or usually some other innapropriate for this board stuff haha, all good banter though ;]
What grinds me at my gigs is when you get really tall people standing infront of you, or people standing infront of you who knows none of the songs and are just there because of they've come with someone else. Okay i'm guilty of doing that but if I know there's major fans behind me I just let them get in front.
I love getting hot and sweaty at gigs though, I love the whole atmosphere and pushing and shoving and beer throwing :p call me strange....haha
Nickname: Burdock

fallingstupidfor
youx

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 16 May 2009 08:00 PM         Subject: RE: doesn't it just annoy you when...
Haha, I don't like mosh pit bands.
Well, I like them...on my iPod, but I wouldn't survive a concert.
I like the sweet, family atmosphere of a Jonas Brothers concert.
Yeah I know, I'm a wimp.
New account.
friendly-fire

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 16 May 2009 08:04 PM         Subject: RE: doesn't it just annoy you when...
I'm not a fan of mosh pits either, way too violent for me.
Hi, I'm Ashley-
http://twitter.com/_ashleyrose__
http://www.formspring.me/norwegianwood9
http://norwegianwood9.tumblr.com/

fallingstupidfor
youx

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 16 May 2009 08:05 PM         Subject: RE: doesn't it just annoy you when...
Yeah, I'm not a fan of bruises..
New account.
friendly-fire

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 16 May 2009 08:10 PM         Subject: RE: doesn't it just annoy you when...
Definitely. I was watching some T.V. show and they were showing videos of mosh pits and I'm surprised there weren't deaths. :shock: It was scary...
Hi, I'm Ashley-
http://twitter.com/_ashleyrose__
http://www.formspring.me/norwegianwood9
http://norwegianwood9.tumblr.com/

shiny-italy

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 16 May 2009 08:23 PM         Subject: RE: doesn't it just annoy you when...
I wouldn't last in a mosh pit :shock:
I'm Heather. I'm 27 years old and I live in Fairbanks, Alaska. I love glaciers!
fallingstupidfor
youx

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 16 May 2009 08:24 PM         Subject: RE: doesn't it just annoy you when...
I wouldn't either.
They'd be like "DARN JONAS FAN!!!"
And then they'd rip me to shreds. :shock:
New account.
daniellexx5xx

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 16 May 2009 08:37 PM         Subject: RE: doesn't it just annoy you when...
Lol, Monty that was funny.
d a n i e l l e
create your own happiness
unexpected1-85

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 16 May 2009 09:16 PM         Subject: RE: doesn't it just annoy you when...
Perfect example: Green Day. Now, youngsters today may have never even heard of Dookie, but American Idiot kind of started a whole new generation of Green Day fans. They may not know every song, but like someone else said, they have every right to be there because, while they may not have been around for that first album, they are still considered fans! And maybe they will appreciate the older music more as they grow to learn about the band and begin to see them live.

I don't believe you have to know of every song to be a fan of a certain band.

Roxy, I know what you mean, but really...I think we're just getting old and don't want to admit it yet...:lol:
I've seen love die way too many times, when it deserved to be alive;
I've seen you cry way too many times, when you deserved to be alive
a l i v e.
daniellexx5xx

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 16 May 2009 09:22 PM         Subject: RE: doesn't it just annoy you when...
I'm only 14.
But I love Green Day, and Dookie is my favorite album, lol.
But I love all of there albums as well
d a n i e l l e
-egocentricity-

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 17 May 2009 07:15 AM         Subject: RE: doesn't it just annoy you when...
@Mizzshears; I love the atmosphere of gigs and concerts as well; the feel of the music, and the feel of the people feeling the music. (x I've never been in any massive moshpits, but it's fun for me to go into smaller pits - where I won't be risking certain death or dismemberment. (:

@Everyone Else: ( Haha, the Dookie album is [coincidentally] sitting just a couple of feet away from me, on top of my printer. o___O ) I agree - I, too, am of the opinion that you don't have to know each and every song to be considered a fan of a certain band. I think it's a little silly to start putting criteria on what does and doesn't make someone a fan; if they like the band, like the music, and like the way they feel while listening to it, that's good enough for me. I'm ( actually ) a bit tired of music snobbery. I just wish people would like what they like, be respectful of other people's music interests, and just get along - regardless of whether or not someone chooses a different manner in which to enjoy themselves. Sure, some things ( like shouting during sentimental songs, taking the places of diehard fans in the front row when you're not really a fan, etc, etc, etc ) are intolerable, but ... I don't know. Maybe I've mellowed out, and the fact that someone might like the same band I like, just to a different degree, and in a different way, doesn't bother me anymore. It's just not that big of a deal. I'm not " band territorial " or anything like that. So, ( since everyone knows that I like Radiohead, I'll just use them as an example ), if someone started liking them from the point of their In Rainbows album, that wouldn't bother me. People can discover bands on their own time, I think, and learn / come to like them at their own speed. Sure, they might not have been listening since the Bends album ( or before), but so what? They are now, and that's the important part. We all find bands at a different pace, and we've liked some longer than others, etc.
[ it's an " e g o thing. " ]
fallingstupidfor
youx

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 17 May 2009 10:01 AM         Subject: RE: doesn't it just annoy you when...
Danielle, it's true!
People hate Jonas fans, so people in mosh pits? Yeah, they'd tear me apart.
New account.
daniellexx5xx

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 17 May 2009 10:23 AM         Subject: RE: doesn't it just annoy you when...
Haha, don't worry Monty.
I wouldn't tear you apart in a mosh pit. :D
d a n i e l l e
oovictoria

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 18 May 2009 11:14 PM         Subject: RE: doesn't it just annoy you when...
what annoys me is when the teenies are pretensious (sp?) about a band that i've known for years.

REAL LIFE ex.
me: hey, what are you listening to?
annoyer: you've prolly never heard of them...
me: try me.
annoyer: -eyeroll- green day.
me: ha. i've listened to them before you even knew that billie joe isn't brittish.
annoyer: say whaa?
just walk away.
follow me.
Forum Index : General : General Talk

Page: < 1