Topic: Group chat?
Forum Index : Bzoink Community : Bzoinkers, Unite! : Group chat?  
chasingghosts

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 13 Jan 2018 04:19 PM       Subject: Group chat?
I’ve been thinking a lot about friends lately, feeling like I have none at all, just online friends. But online friends are just as meaningful as any other type of friend, and I’m just the sort of person to gravitate towards relationships like that. I’m a weird person who says and does awkward things and is easily misunderstood. I think some of you can relate, I know when I’ve posted about not having many irl friends, people have responded to say they’re in the same boat.

So anyway! I would like to create a Facebook group chat and add anyone who is interested. It would be a way for us to talk about anything we want, outside of bzoink. You could mute the chat if notifications are getting too annoying, there would be no obligation to reply or see any of the messages. I want to keep it casual and easy. Who’s interested?
daniellexx5xx

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 13 Jan 2018 07:08 PM         Subject: RE: Group chat?
I think this is a glorious idea! I'm all in. www.facebook.com/floppyrhinos

When I first started using Bzoink, I was in a very low place in my life, even at the ripe age of 14. I never knew how to make friends, and if I ever did make any, they would lose interest very quickly. I'm a weird mix of people thinking I'm not 'cool' enough and people thinking I'm snooty because I'm so horribly socially uncomfortable. When I started using Bzoink, people were immediately so nice to me, even though I was extremely annoying and cringy back in those days. I was finally part of what felt like a family. I can't remember if it started dying down before or after I stopped using it. Either way, I felt like I'd lost a part of myself, not to sound dramatic. These people were always happy to talk to me and I'd never had that before. That brings me to my actual point (because I tend to ramble), I almost started a group chat with a lot of people I used to talk to on here saying "COME BACK, I'M HAPPY TO BE BACK ON BZOINK AND YOU HAVE TO COME BACK TOO."

Anywho, I think this is an awesome idea. :wink:

EDIT: Since I've been back regularly, it's helped my mental health a lot. I'm living alone for the first time in my life and while I have my dog, it's wildly lonely no matter which way you spin it.
d a n i e l l e
create your own happiness
chasingghosts

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 13 Jan 2018 08:16 PM         Subject: RE: Group chat?
I’ve had a few accounts on here over the years. I probably started using it in 2008 or 2009, and I think it probably started to die sometime around 2011 or 2012. Hasn’t stopped me, though :P lucky for me there’s been enough people to keep it alive. It sucks that we lost so many users but not all good things last forever.

I’ll wait for some more responses before I create the chat, otherwise it’ll just be you and me and that’s hardly a group chat lol. Also, I’m pretty sure we can add people to it without being friends on Facebook, if anyone wants to keep a bit of privacy.
daniellexx5xx

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 13 Jan 2018 08:34 PM         Subject: RE: Group chat?
That sounds great. Hopefully some more people want to do it.

That's around the time I popped in. I think that's when it was the most popular due to MySpace bulletin boards and such. I remember my dad and I having an estranged relationship and he somehow found Bzoink and used a bunch of things he saw on here against me. So I was weird about it for the remaining time I spent here and then eventually I just quit altogether. But here I am, and am glad to be back.
d a n i e l l e
andy

Online Now! Online!

Wannabe Rockstar
Forum Moderator
Profile | Journal
Posted: 13 Jan 2018 08:40 PM         Subject: RE: Group chat?
I eventually felt like the dad that nobody actually likes around here.. but I'd be down.

(Whether that's true or not. I suffer from self diagnosed depression and low self esteem)
I am the very fancy owner and creator of Bzoink! Thank you for using it.
Feel free to private message me and add me as your friend.

Message Me | Journal | Profile | Add Me
chasingghosts

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 13 Jan 2018 08:48 PM         Subject: RE: Group chat?
No way! You’re the reason why we all know each other, you brought us together. You’ll definitely be in the group chat.

Having someone I know find this site and see all the things I’ve wtitten is one of my worst fears!
daniellexx5xx

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 13 Jan 2018 08:59 PM         Subject: RE: Group chat?
I'm really sorry and surprised that you felt that way, Andy. Not true at all. If anything, I felt like all us teenage girls got on your nerves. Which would be totally justified. I've looked back on ancient posts of mine and looked like this the entire time. oops:

Seriously, though, I'm forever thankful that you created this site and even though you don't post on the forums much, I wish you did and you always have interesting things to say.

d a n i e l l e
kellyburnsred

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 03 Feb 2018 09:21 AM         Subject: RE: Group chat?
That's a wonderful idea!
Kelly Nikole
Hopeless romantic
DayDreamer/NightThinker
Moonchild

Love~Live~Laugh
Forum Index : Bzoink Community : Bzoinkers, Unite!

Page: 1