Topic: so what, i'm a girl?
Forum Index : General : Relationships : so what, i'm a girl?  
icheer-ifly13

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 19 Oct 2009 07:22 PM       Subject: so what, i'm a girl?
alrighty, i dont know if this is truely an "issue" but its just somethime i've wondered about. why does the guy always have to "make the first move", or "call first", or "text first", or any of that. why ca the girl do the first. i dodnt know that it was like a law or something that it always had to be the guy. i mean, i'm not gonna ask a guy out or anything, but if i feel the need to kiss a guy, i dont want him to have to make the first move. i wanna be able too, but i dont want to seem "annoying" or "controling". ugh, anyone else have feeling on this?
Risk more than others think is safe.
care more than others think is wise.
dream more than others think is practical.
expect more than others think is possible.

You lifted me up when I could not lift myself.
you made me smile when I forgot how to.
You were there for me in my times of need and
you were there for me when I needed nothing at all

daniellexx5xx

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 19 Oct 2009 07:29 PM         Subject: RE: so what, i'm a girl?
I see what you're saying. And I've thought about it a lot before, actually. I'm not one to make the first move, but it's definitely not because I'm a girl. I'm just that way because I'm too... intimidated by everything and everyone. Hah, but yeah. I think it's completely sexist to say that someone can or cannot do something or make the first move, just because they're a girl or guy. I agree with you 100%. :]
inept321

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 19 Oct 2009 07:50 PM         Subject: RE: so what, i'm a girl?
I LOVE IT when a girl makes moves.
Especially when I do it so much.. Its nice to see the girl do things, and it doesn't feel like a 1 sided relationship

ouilleaux

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 19 Oct 2009 07:51 PM         Subject: RE: so what, i'm a girl?
You totally can make the first move, and you probably won't seem annoying unless the guy you're trying to get is way old-fashioned. It's just an archaic gender role thing, none of it applies today. Go ahead and make the first move, girl!
Emotional Landscapes.
Björk
mizzshears

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 20 Oct 2009 11:27 AM         Subject: RE: so what, i'm a girl?
I agree with you :] I know friends who have made the first move, when I first started seeing my boyfriend I invited him to the pictures with me and he said no, so I was like,ohhh... : / then a week later I got a text saying 'would you like to go to the pictures and a bite to eat with me?'
make out of that what you will, personally I think he wanted to ask me out first but I got in before him, hmmm he is quite old fashioned like that. And he made the first move kissing me, which I have to say was amazing, and I don't think we would have kissed if it was up to me to make the first move..maybe eventualy but I wouldn't have done it that soon.
Thinking about it he's made the first move ever since then....hmm....
Nickname: Burdock

ouilleaux

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 20 Oct 2009 03:27 PM         Subject: RE: so what, i'm a girl?
My bf loves it when I initiate things for a change..
Emotional Landscapes.
Björk
holloway

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 20 Oct 2009 04:50 PM         Subject: RE: so what, i'm a girl?
Ah, yes. I also understand what you're saying. As Danielle said, I'm not the type of person that would make the first move either. Maybe it's because I'm scared, or nervous that I won't know how he responds. So, I'm not really the type to make a first move, although I congratulate girls who do make the first move.
"When the sky turns gray
and everything is screaming
I will reach inside
just to find my heart is beating"
germ-x

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 20 Oct 2009 05:50 PM         Subject: RE: so what, i'm a girl?
I used to be really shy and never make the first move. Ever. But since me and Tyler have been together for quite awhile now, I've gotten much more confident. So in the beginning he always had to do everything first. But now sometimes I make a move first, and he loves it. He always tells me how happy it makes him if I do.

So..I think I understand either way. It just depends on the girl and boy's personalities a lot. But if you wanna make the first move then I say go for it. You don't have to wait for him.
liveandlove

Pwned Newbie
Profile | Journal
Posted: 31 Oct 2009 02:44 PM         Subject: RE: so what, i'm a girl?
Well, I had one boyfriend who was kind of shy with relationship stuff so I decided to take the initiative and kiss him first. It worked out perfectly!! MAKE THE FIRST MOVE!! He'll like it :)
ashleylynn2009

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 01 Nov 2009 01:44 AM         Subject: RE: so what, i'm a girl?
Personally.....I've taken that initiative and made the first move, and my one bf liked it, but I prefer for the guy to make the first movie. That's just me though.
"Your love is my drug"
lil08munchkin

Pwned Newbie
Profile | Journal
Posted: 08 Nov 2009 08:50 PM         Subject: RE: so what, i'm a girl?
Yea I tend to date non-old fashioned guys because I like having some domination sometimes So no there's nothing wrong with it. Some girls like it but thats a good thing everyone should want something different
mizzshears

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 09 Nov 2009 10:18 AM         Subject: RE: so what, i'm a girl?
He likes it when I make the first move in the bedroom department... haha
Nickname: Burdock

roxy-ryan

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 11 Nov 2009 08:20 PM         Subject: RE: so what, i'm a girl?

im one of those people who has toooo much confidence for my own good and sometimes its a bad thing haha.
I never used to have any confidence though i must admit.
My ex always made the moves because as soon as id open the door he'd be all over me. the connection was strong.
The new guy im sort of seeing and me, he made the first move to kiss me, after that i made the first move.
Reactions are def. why people are weird about making the first move. I know that for a fact.
i just really dont care haha i will laugh it off if its a bad one but some people take offense to it all.

make the first move, he/she will love it ;)

Roxy Ryan
Obsessed with AMC's The Walking Dead, Disney and Tumblr.

Poppy is God.

Forum Index : General : Relationships

Page: 1