Topic: Life Advice.
Forum Index : General : General Talk : Life Advice.  
roxy-ryan

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 30 Oct 2019 09:30 AM       Subject: Life Advice.
So lately I have been feeling, let's say.. under the weather and a little blue.
I have a lot going on in my life in multiple different areas and some things are really rough while others are manageable.
I also feel like my life is too repetitive with the same day in and day out of working one job, a second, study and volunteer work.
I have tried fitting in a hike three times a week between all this as well as cooking and baking as I enjoy that.
I also get out in nature and see animals in wildlife parks as I also enjoy that.
I have found myself wanting to be on my own a lot, avoiding friends and hanging out, my anxiety has kicked in a bit lately.
I also find myself stressed out if I don't have anything to look forward to and insomnia has kicked back in. I am finding myself getting less than 3 -4 hours sleep daily and then piling on work, study etc.

Has anyone else been through this and do you have any awesome tips to help me out ? or some advice?

Thank you in advance!

Roxy Ryan
Obsessed with AMC's The Walking Dead, Disney and Tumblr.

Poppy is God.

kellyburnsred

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 03 Nov 2019 01:14 AM         Subject: RE: Life Advice.
Yes, I do get like this as well. I think we all do. I call it being in a funk but it also could be depression. It could be a lot of different things. Sometimes the weather effects it.. It's a mixture of stuff. I've felt like this for years even when I'm around a bunch of people I still feel like no connection whatsoever. I like to have personal time but I'm also usually by myself and there are times when I really want company but don't really have anyone in real life to turn to. Friends have always been slim for me. I've had more friends online than in real life. Not sure if you've had that problem as well. I have lots of interests though which beats me why others wouldn't want to hangout with me. I'm also 26 and relationships have always been rocky for me. I actually want to settle down someday though and have a house someday etc. I am constantly always thinking about my future and stuck in the past. And just wondering what's wrong with me because no one seems to actually want to be around long enough to start anything with me. My dad's side of the family even flat out disowned me. I'm sorry for saying so much just this is what I've been dealing with. I needed to let it out. I don't have a job at the moment but what I end up doing is I go to sleep with all this pressure on my shoulders and I get up and continue to work on myself along with all this stuff. I'm going through dbt therapy skills group right now. I go to the clubhouse everyday except the weekends. Working on getting my mental health, physical health etc. And all I want is to be loved and feel loved. Nevermind I'm sorry I'll stop. I do what I can to make the best of the day and love the little things but I'm yearning for so much more. My heart is so sad it's not even funny. I don't have much advice just take one day at a time that's what I'm always told and try not to be so hard on yourself. Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill or whatever. Try coloring it's really relaxing and doesn't require much thinking. I don't know exactly maybe take a trip somewhere just yourself and just enjoy the sights. I don't know or just try watching some mindfulness videos or ASMR videos maybe it'll help with the anxiety.
You're so down to earth
&& I'm up in the stars
So show me the sea
&& I'll take you to mars
roxy-ryan

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 11 Nov 2019 05:01 AM         Subject: RE: Life Advice.
Completely understand that!
I have a lot of friends but I don't see them often as we lead different lives, work different hours and have different interests etc.
I have a lot of online friends too which seem to be there a lot more than the real life friends, probably because of how frequent people use technology.
I never really had friends until I was in my late teens/early 20's.
I had the same issue with relationships before my current relationship.
I could never hold a relationship long and if I did it was because I was scared to leave them.
I was always in either mentally/emotionally or physically abusive relationships and never had the courage to leave.
They would eventually leave me and boom it would happen again.
I think I was SO lonely I accepted anyone and that was the problem because I would always end up with someone bad.
After those kind of relationships I always pushed away the good ones somehow and never knew how I was doing it and hate myself for it because all I wanted was to settle down and get a house and maybe have kids.
I am in my early 30's now and been with my partner quite a while which still surprises me. He gets me, knows when I need space, when I need him, when I need to be alone, knows what to say and do when I have a moment, so I am very lucky he puts up with me, haha.
Wow, your dad's side disowned you? That is so awful, it must hurt to think about and deal with.
Please do not be sorry about letting out your frustrations, concerns and emotions. I am always here for you if you need someone and please know I am being 110% genuine and not just saying that.
I know how most of this feels as I have been there before and dealt with it plus a tone more.
I know the feeling of going to sleep and having so much pressure on your shoulders and so much on your mind and that is what brings on my insomnia. Not being able to wind down and relax, overthinking and the brain not switching to off mode for the night.
Working on your mental and physical health is SO important and I am so glad you have taken the steps forward for doing that. I found out a lot about my health and it's been awful to deal with but I am slowly working through it too and thats not including anxiety.
Colouring is amazing and I absolutely love it. Calms me down something fierce.
I have also noticed that having the fan on low no matter the temperature helps me too.
Being so passionate about animals and nature I have noticed that rainforest and ocean and animal sounds on repeat all night helps a little too.
Thank you for being so honest with me and sharing what you have and always remember I am here if and when you need it xoxo

Roxy Ryan

Poppy is God.

kellyburnsred

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 13 Nov 2019 02:06 AM         Subject: RE: Life Advice.
Definitely! Nature is good photography helps me just a noob but it helps me to stay in the moment and stay focused. Bzoink helps me a lot it's a great positive distraction honestly I was so happy when I found this site a while back. I feel better when I come on here and talk to people on here. But I appreciate you taking the time to type all that I could relate to so much. Thanks for validating how I feel that means a lot to me. And we definitely have some stuff in common. That's a great point you made about being SO lonely you accepted anyone. That's how it was for me. Now I pretty much have walls up but I am so open to meeting someone etc. Anyway, it's just on my mind all the time wondering if it'll ever happen. But I know there's more to life and I don't want to be co-dependent on a man to get me through life. It would just be nice to have a side kick at the same time. Once again thanks for taking the time to talk to me. I am always here as well.
You're so down to earth
&& I'm up in the stars
So show me the sea
&& I'll take you to mars
roxy-ryan

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 17 Nov 2019 03:12 AM         Subject: RE: Life Advice.
Nature is so beautiful it's hard to not admire it :)
I still keep in touch with people I used to associate with on here and it's amazing watching their lives progress and being apart of it or simply just keeping in touch. I am pretty sure most don't use Bzoink anymore, some have had kids, others traveling and some with careers taking off so I guess they don't have the spare time these days for too much social media. But I am so glad I found this site too xx
That is very true, you don't need to have a special someone to thrive in life and get where you want, what you want and have happiness, trust me :)
But i totally get the whole having a side kick thing, it makes a lot of sense x
You are most welcome and thank you to you too lovely x

Roxy Ryan

Poppy is God.

Forum Index : General : General Talk

Page: 1