Topic: What would you do?
Forum Index : General : General Talk : What would you do?  
joybucket

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 15 May 2018 09:19 PM       Subject: What would you do?
If you were tempted to reach out to someone and say, "Help me, please! I can't handle my life," would you do it?

I don't want to seem desperate, but I feel desperate...and I don't want to resort to asking random people online for advice, but I don't know what to do....and seeing a counselor is not an option. What would you do?
chasingghosts

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 16 May 2018 06:07 AM         Subject: RE: What would you do?
Yes you should definitely reach out if you're struggling. If I was the person you reached out to, I honestly might be a bit confronted, I wouldn’t know how to give you genuinely good and helpful advice and would probably suggest you see a counselor. But you say that isn’t an option.. may I ask why? Does it cost a lot of money where you live?
navmav117

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 16 May 2018 02:48 PM         Subject: RE: What would you do?
Yes I would definitely recommend reaching out to someone! I was also going to suggest counseling, til I saw you said it's not an option, but if the issue is just not being able to physically get to a therapist's office, like if you don't have transportation, there's still ways you can do counseling online, plus it's a lot cheaper. BetterHelp and TalkSpace are two sites I've heard of that offer online counseling.
If it's a money issue, there's a site called 7Cups.com where you can talk for free via online chat with a person who's a Trained Listener. They go through training courses so they know how to support people who reach out to them for help, and they're all volunteers who do it simply because they love helping people through tough stuff. It's not meant to be a replacement for actual counseling from a licensed therapist if that's what is needed, but it can still be a huge help if you just need someone to talk to. I hope things get better for you soon!
- Kelly -
roxy-ryan

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 01 Jun 2018 07:29 AM         Subject: RE: What would you do?
Sometimes talking to strangers is more comforting that people you know.
I have been there in that same situation before and resulted in speaking with online friends and people I didn't even know and it lead me to helping myself and my problems :)
Always here if you need someone to talk to.

Roxy Ryan
Obsessed with AMC's The Walking Dead, Disney and Tumblr.

Wanna keep a hold of my heart
I'm falling into this again
Falling in and out of love.
Forum Index : General : General Talk

Page: 1