Topic: Claim a Character: The Continuation!
Forum Index : General : General Talk : Claim a Character: The Continuation!  
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 22 Jan 2007 04:09 AM       Subject: Claim a Character: The Continuation!
So, here's the deal. We're starting this thread up again. Why? ...Because we feel like it. Do we need a reason? Regardless, this time the thread has a bit of variation! It's not just limited to anime/manga characters anymore! (Hence the ninja forum-switchyness.)

You can now request to officially own any character from any book, movie, TV show, anime, manga, comic book, cartoon, webcomic, blah blah blah-- so long as there exists an image of them. We're even expanding it to include bands and artists. Wanna claim Sir Paul? Ford Prefect? Light Yagami? Batman? Feel free. There are, however, a few rules.

1: You may not request more than one character per day. Because it's fun to watch catfights when you were about to post claiming Howl, but OH NOH someone got there RIGHT before you. Heh. The exception to this rule is that in your initial claiming post, assuming you have an established Bzoink identity (ie; we think of you and think 'oh, hay, I know him/her, I like him/her, and they post a decent amount!'), you may claim as many characters as your post count allows, but only five characters per series. You can get more than five characters-- but at the rate of one per day, after your initial post. Whee! (I'm tentatively setting the limit for having a Bzoink identity at 500ish posts-- but there are other people who classify, so feel free to ask.)

2: You may only claim one person for every 20 posts you have. Yeah, I know, it's so painful, you can't, in fact, claim an unlimited amount of people. It also means us oldbies get a lot more claims than the newcomers. Deal with it. (Note: If we catch you spamming, you'll be 'blacklisted' and not allowed to claim anyone at all!) Besides, 20 posts? Not hard. At all.

3: I want a link to an official image of the character/person you're claiming. You're not allowed to link to fanart. Also, when I say link? I mean link. Don't put the image in the actual post. Just give me a link. This is so that I may make you your official 'claimed' badge. I'm seriously going to enforce this this time, because I like making badges, and I know some of you like recieving them, so hah. Also, it weeds out the people who past 20 times, claim Naruto/Ed Elric/Harry Potter then wander off. Gah.

4: If you leave the forums unexpectedly, your claims will be deleted after three months or so.

5: Don't direct link to the claimed badges! You can, however, upload them to your own server and put them in your signature that way.

6: NEW RULE HERE YO. When claiming a character from something with numerous canons, state what you're claiming from. In the claims list, I probably won't say which-- check the button image (once they're made), or ask. for example, Full Metal Alchemist? Sloth is two VERY DIFFERENT CHARACTERS in the anime versus the manga. So I claimed Anime!Sloth, not... manga!Sloth. On the other hand, in Naruto, you can't claim manga!Itachi and anime!Itachi. Same character. I may open up the different canons for different people later, but right now? No way. The only characters this affects are the ones who are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT-- Sloth, for example. You can't claim movie!L after I claimed manga!L, because they aren't different enough. You could, however, claim Samara from The Ring after someone else claimed Sadako, or something.

So. Are we clear on how this works? Great! Post a reply and claim, and I'll add you to zee Giant List of Claims.

...Yeah, it's not so giant now.

If you don't bother to read the rules and whatnot-- you'll just be ignored. Because I'm witchy like that. Ye~up.

Also! If this topic is populated entirely by Xhan, Phunya, Karora, and myself (and such people), that's fine. Because, you know what? They're the only reason I keep coming back to the soul-leeching place that is Bzoink. xD But if you're NOT one of the prior-mentioned forum Nazis, then you can still request.

Because I love you.

Usually.

Thanks to Phunya for enabling this. XDD (And Xhan, who I brought it up to AGES ago.)
remember when?
askme

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 22 Jan 2007 06:30 AM         Subject: RE: Claim a Character: The Continuation!
Okay, okay. I am really high/schizo at the moment so hahaha...ha.
I claim...
Sir Paul McCartney from the Beatles:
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g120/phania_williams/Paul.jpg
Andy M. Stewart from Silly Wizard:
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g120/phania_williams/AndyMStewart.jpg
Ford Prefect from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g120/phania_williams/Ford_Prefect.jpg
Dr. Tony Hill from Wire in the Blood:
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g120/phania_williams/TonyHill.jpg
Bernard Black from Black Books:
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g120/phania_williams/Bernard_Black.jpg
Tim Brooke-Taylor from The Goodies:
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g120/phania_williams/Timbo.jpg
Dr/Prof. Sam Ryan from Silent Witness:
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g120/phania_williams/SamRyan.jpg
And also, because Keri said I could:
Zaphod, Eddie, and Slartibartfast from Hitchhiker's
John, George, and Paul from The Beatles (I feel selfish)
Dr./Prof. Leo Dalton, Dr. Nikki Alexander, and Dr. Harry Cunningham from Silent Witness
Carol Jordan from Wire in the Blood
Manny and Fran from Black Books,
Legolas and Pippin from LotR (...shuddup)
Master Chief from Halo!

Pictures will come later.

"I rock so hard I should be studied by geologists." - Me.
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 22 Jan 2007 06:45 AM         Subject: RE: Claim a Character: The Continuation!
January 22nd, 2007

Death Note

[1] Mello
[2] Near
[3] Matt
[4] Tota Matsuda
[5] Sayu Yagami

Naruto

[6] Gaara
[7] Mikoto Uchiha
[8] Kidoumaru
[9] Kabuto
[10] Deidara

Gokusen

[11] Shin Sawada
[12] Haruhiko Uchiyama
[13] Takeshi Noda
[14] Ryu Odagiri
[15] Kikuno Kawashima

Full Metal Alchemist

[16] Edward Elric
[17] Wrath
[18] Sloth
[19] Black Hayate
[20] Roy Mustang

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

[21] Kadaj
[22] Yuffie Kisaragi
[23] Loz
[24] Tifa Lockhart
[25] Reno

Nobuta wo Produce

[26] Akira Kusano
[27] Mariko Uehara
[28] Catherine
[29] Shittaka
[30] Bando

Jpop

[31] Tomohisa Yamashita
[32] Kamenashi Kazuya

Bzoink (...heh)

[33] Phunya
[34] Xhan
[35] Karora

Digimon

[36] Yamato Ishida
[37] Ken Ichijouji

Yuuki

[38] Yuuki

El Goonish Shive (I HAVE NO SELF CONTROL I STARTED CLAIMING WEBCOMIC CHARACTERS)

[39] Nanase Kitsune
[40] Ellen Dunkle

Arcana (SEE?)

[41] Caine Corrigan
[42] Azriel Shaw
[43] Vincent Romero

MegaTokyo (I am totally being considerate of other people and not snagging Largo and Raye Penbar and other such characters from fandoms)

[44] Erika Hayasaka
[45] Ping
[46] Seraphim

Angel Moxie

[47] Alex O'Connor
[48] Riley Rosenbaum
[49] Tristan Stallings

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

[50] Spike
[51] Willow Rosenberg
[52] Tara MacClay

Fruits Basket

[53] Akito Sohma
[54] Hatori Sohma
[55] Kagura Sohma

Bones (I SHOULD FEEL MORE GUILTY ABOUT THIS THAN I DO)

[56] Temperance Brennan
[57] Zack Addy
[58] Jack Hodgins
[59] Seeley Booth
[60] Angela Montenegro

House (...I may want to disown them both later)

[61] Robert Chase
[62] Allison Cameron

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

[63] Trillian
[64] Marvin
[65] Arthur Dent

UC

[66] Ikku
[67] Neko
[68] Kelsi

Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire

[69] Dominic Deegan
[70] Luna Travoria

Harry Potter ("Phunya, 75's a good number to stop at, right?" "My favorite number is 72." "EVEN BETTER.")

[71] Tom Riddle
[72] Luna Lovegood

Pictures will come later, as will the organization and button making. Oh my god I just claimed 72 characters.

The hilarious thing is that I don't really care about them past the first, um, three.

(I was going to go LMMN+Light but I thought I should at least give everyone else a CHANCE to claim.)
remember when?
xhan

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 22 Jan 2007 07:40 AM         Subject: RE: Claim a Character: The Continuation!

Breath of Fire II

1. Ryu
2. Nina
3. Katt

Final Fantasy VII/ Advent Children

4. Cloud Strife
5. Cid Highwind
6. Nanaki / Red xiii
7. Sephiroth
8. Zack

Final Fantasy VIII

9. Squall Leonhart
10. Edea
11. Zell Dincht

Final Fantasy IX

12. Zidane
13. Vivi
14. Kuja
15. Beatrix

Final Fantasy X

16. Auron
17. Tidus
18. Wakka

Howl's Moving Castle

19. Howl

Kingdom Hearts 2

20. Axel
21. Roxas

Star Ocean 2

22. Albel Nox
23. Cliff Fittir

Megatokyo

24. Largo (thanks Keri!)

House

25. Dr. Gregory House <3 (and I shall keep him forever)

Magician

26. Pug
27. Jimmy the Hand/ Duke James <33
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 22 Jan 2007 08:48 AM         Subject: RE: Claim a Character: The Continuation!
Will totally add you both to the list and make the hahaha 100+ icons and whatnot later. For now, I do the sleep thing.

It's almost 5am and I swear it was midnight a moment ago.

Edit on the 23rd: So as to not double post, my claim for the day is L from Death Note. | D

Edit on the 24th: Light Yagami is also mine. First come first serve. List organize and added, and a rule added~
remember when?
xhan

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 24 Jan 2007 07:32 PM         Subject: RE: Claim a Character: The Continuation!
To celebrate hitting 600 posts... I claim...

Death note - Raito
Final Fantasy X-2 - Shuyin.

(zomg. you got L! x_x;)
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 25 Jan 2007 09:31 PM         Subject: RE: Claim a Character: The Continuation!
Edit on the 24th: Light Yagami is also mine. First come first serve. List organize and added, and a rule added~

...*ahem* But I'll give him to you. (Raito=Light? Yeah.) I did feel bad about claiming them all, after all. ŽD

...However I will also claim Gevanni in his place.

*goes to change Light over to you*
remember when?
xhan

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 25 Jan 2007 10:55 PM         Subject: RE: Claim a Character: The Continuation!
Actually. I didn't know that Light and Raito were the same person. So... yeah. Keep him if you want. I'm not really worried.
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 25 Jan 2007 11:22 PM         Subject: RE: Claim a Character: The Continuation!
Ah, you didn't? Yeah, the scans have him as Raito for awhile-- it's technically Light, though it's pronounced the same, if you're going for Japanese. Ryuuku = Ryuk, Eru = L, Raito = Light, Nia = Near, Mero = Mello, Gelus = Jealous, Remu = Rem, etc, etc.

You sure you don't want him? I mean, I claim DN characters and feel sort of bad about it ŽD
remember when?
xhan

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 26 Jan 2007 07:45 AM         Subject: RE: Claim a Character: The Continuation!
... I just realized how many DN characters you've claimed.

Can I have this one? n_n;
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 26 Jan 2007 11:54 PM         Subject: RE: Claim a Character: The Continuation!
YEAH SEE THAT'S WHY I FELT BAD ABOUT IT. XD

Yes, you may have Light. Raito. Whatever. XD
remember when?
xhan

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 27 Jan 2007 07:08 AM         Subject: RE: Claim a Character: The Continuation!
HOKAY! XD

...Randomly... I'm gonna try and do fanart... for every one of my claims. *nods slowly* woo. yes. sure I am.

kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 27 Jan 2007 11:32 AM         Subject: RE: Claim a Character: The Continuation!
... o____o;;;;;;;

...i have no idea how to react to that.

I'm tempted to try the same thing.
remember when?
xhan

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 27 Jan 2007 10:14 PM         Subject: RE: Claim a Character: The Continuation!
Assuming I can find a pacer WITH LEAD... I think I'll start today. n_n
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 28 Jan 2007 12:19 PM         Subject: RE: Claim a Character: The Continuation!
...still need to update the list and make the buttons, but. XD Maybe later. >>
remember when?
Forum Index : General : General Talk

Page: 1 2 Next>>