Topic: doesn't it just annoy you when...
Forum Index : General : General Talk : doesn't it just annoy you when...  
roxy-ryan

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 15 May 2009 09:26 AM       Subject: doesn't it just annoy you when...
When....

You go to a concert or a gig.
And there's tonnes of teeny boppers who say they're massive fans of the band and they only know the latest song released or one song >.< it gets on my nerves.

Roxy Ryan
Obsessed with AMC's The Walking Dead, Disney and Tumblr.

Wanna keep a hold of my heart
I'm falling into this again
Falling in and out of love.
lepixiesan

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 15 May 2009 09:27 AM         Subject: RE: doesn't it just annoy you when...
What's REALLY annoying is when you got there five hours early, got up at 6 AM to drive 150 miles and and waited forever and some teenie boppers who came in at the last minute still end up in front of you and during a slow, emotional song they scream "I love you (insert supposedly attractive guitarist's name here)!" When that person isn't even on the stage!

Yes, this happened to me and I was very angry.
These walls are strange...

My name is Wendy.
-egocentricity-

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 15 May 2009 09:30 AM         Subject: RE: doesn't it just annoy you when...
Even though they have a right to be there, I feel like they don't usually have the same respect for the band that some of the fans who have liked them for a longer period of time might. I agree with you - it's hard for me ( even though I try not to let it get to me ) to see someone say they're a huge fan, act like they're a huge fan, yet ... hardly know anything about the band, only know a couple of songs, etc. It's kind of like, " Why claim to be a fan at all? " If I'm seeing a band I don't know well, I don't profess to be a diehard fan. xD I guess it's one of those things where, even if it doesn't make me mad, I just don't know WHY someone would act like that.
[ it's an " e g o thing. " ]
roxy-ryan

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 15 May 2009 09:35 AM         Subject: RE: doesn't it just annoy you when...
Exactly.
Naw. Im sorry to hear that wendy.
It always happens to me too and there's a certain bunch in my town and they always do it. Like short stack is coming up and they're like oh my god we have to get tickets and I questioned them and said name 3 songs. They're like well ill name my fav - princess and im like figures - the latest released song.

Roxy Ryan

lepixiesan

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 15 May 2009 12:23 PM         Subject: RE: doesn't it just annoy you when...
Like Ego said, I try not to let it get to me. Just don't proclaim that you're a huge fan if you're really not.

Even more annoying is when they only like a band because the members are supposedly "hot."
These walls are strange...

My name is Wendy.
roxy-ryan

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 15 May 2009 08:21 PM         Subject: RE: doesn't it just annoy you when...
Hey that's just silly

Roxy Ryan

friendly-fire

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 15 May 2009 08:30 PM         Subject: RE: doesn't it just annoy you when...
That is annoying but I mean you'll pretty much see that at any concert you attend for a mainstream band. Like Ego and Wendy said, just try not to let it get to you. It's ridicules that most people only buy one or two singles from a band and don't even care to listen to any of their other songs. Wendy already said this but it's definitely even more annoying when teenagers only like the band because the members are cute.
Hi, I'm Ashley-
http://twitter.com/_ashleyrose__
http://www.formspring.me/norwegianwood9
http://norwegianwood9.tumblr.com/

fallingstupidfor
youx

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 15 May 2009 08:33 PM         Subject: RE: doesn't it just annoy you when...
I know.
But one thing that really annoyed me when I went to the Jonas Brothers concert was when Nick Jonas performed "A Little Bit Longer" these four girls behind me were screaming, "I LOVE YOU!"

A Little Bit Longer is a meaningful song that Nick wrote about his diabetes, and it's emotional for him, and those girls still had to scream.

New account.
friendly-fire

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 15 May 2009 08:43 PM         Subject: RE: doesn't it just annoy you when...
Yeah I've seen live videos of Nick performing that song Monty, some people can be so rude. I can understand screaming during any other song but seriously, songs like that are really personal and deserve to be actually listened to. It is the Jonas Brothers though and with bands as popular as them you really can't help people screaming during the set. As rude and disrespectful as it is there's honestly nothing you can do about it.
Hi, I'm Ashley-
http://twitter.com/_ashleyrose__
http://www.formspring.me/norwegianwood9
http://norwegianwood9.tumblr.com/

roxy-ryan

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 15 May 2009 09:37 PM         Subject: RE: doesn't it just annoy you when...
Yeah true that

Roxy Ryan

fallingstupidfor
youx

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 15 May 2009 10:23 PM         Subject: RE: doesn't it just annoy you when...
Yeah.
Very true.
Some fans are so ferkin' inconsiderate.
New account.
-smile-

Forum Monster
Profile | Journal
Posted: 16 May 2009 08:20 AM         Subject: RE: doesn't it just annoy you when...
Yeah, like oh my gosh...
People are like, Oh My God, I love them because they're so hot...
And then it's like, hello....! Appreciate their music!

And...yeah, you guys said everything else :D :wink:

Smile and the world smiles with you
Keep Smiling...

Because You Never Know Who Might Be Falling In Love With Your... Smile
It might be stormy now, but it can't rain forever...
-egocentricity-

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 16 May 2009 08:50 AM         Subject: RE: doesn't it just annoy you when...
I agree with the part about fans screaming / shouting during particular songs being inconsiderate. If they were a real fan - in my opinion ( you don't have to share it ) - they should at least know better than to do something like that. If it were me, I'd stand silently, and show some respect for the strength it must take to get up and sing about something so personal. Sure, yelling " I love you! " might be their way of showing their support and respect, but I think that waiting until after the song would be the best thing to do. It's just plain rude to interrupt a performance in the first place. Rude to the band, and rude to the rest of the people watching. Of course, like some people said, it'd be impossible to get rid of all the noise in a huge concert hall, but I think we all know which noises are specifically annoying, and which just have to be dealt with as a part of having tons of people shoved into close quarters. Hehe.

Oh yeah; I also agree with the fact that it's a little silly to love a band just because they're " hot. " Hotness does not equal talent. I've noticed that I tend to listen to a band's music before I even know what they look like, but I have to admit - sometimes a little hotness helps. (: Still, someone's looks don't make the band what it is; definitely: appreciate the m u s i c.

[ it's an " e g o thing. " ]
roxy-ryan

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 16 May 2009 12:11 PM         Subject: RE: doesn't it just annoy you when...
Wow ego said it all ^____^

Roxy Ryan

anmsie

Forum Monster
Profile | Journal
Posted: 16 May 2009 01:26 PM         Subject: RE: doesn't it just annoy you when...
one time i went to a concert and this chick. she was pregnant first of all, and she was drunk. now we were sitting in the bleachers and she decides oh i'm going to fall on everyone now. so that's what happened. her beer got all in my hair. i smelt awful. and it was just the beginning of the four hour concert. :[
the name's ashley.

current song:"thinking out loud" by: ed sheeran.
current phrase:"awesome sauce."
current countdown:1 day until st. pattys!
current status: takennnnnn.
**idea was taken from l-baby.**

Forum Index : General : General Talk

Page: 1 2 Next>>