Topic: Need suggestions for something. Help me out, Bzoink?
Forum Index : General : General Talk : Need suggestions for something. Help me out, Bzoink?  
rudieinsilks

Forum Monster
Profile | Journal
Posted: 14 May 2009 06:00 PM       Subject: Need suggestions for something. Help me out, Bzoink?
So I'm applying for a job at a store at the mall down the street from my apartment, but when I went into the store to ask for an application, they said, "We're taking applications, but you have to make your application." So I took my resume out of my messenger bag and was about to hand it to him, when he said, "No, like actually make something." He pointed to a three-foot-tall totem pole sitting in the corner behind the counter, and said, "That's one of the applications we received."

I really want to work at this store, but I'm COMPLETELY at a loss for what I should make for my application. I'm hoping I can get some interesting suggestions from you all to help me brainstorm something awesome. My resources are kind of limited so try to keep ideas confined to something I could make out of household objects or basic items.

Thanks in advance, everyone! ♥
I'm Rudie, Bzoink's one and only jockey!

Quote Of The Now: "Time will wash away the wounds you feel today, and I will stay here with you and make sure you're okay."--800 Octane
Current City: Lexington, KY
Current Music: Placebo
Current Events: Opening day at Keeneland Race Course!
Currently Wanting: more tea!

ATTENTION: PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE JOCKEY

-iloveyou

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 14 May 2009 06:18 PM         Subject: RE: Need suggestions for something. Help me out, Bzoink?
What kind of store are you applying for?!
Haha.

Well, what are some of your skills I guess?
Like I want to suggest something that you are able to make..
BROOKE.
being a coward isn't a legitimate career.
friendly-fire

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 14 May 2009 07:28 PM         Subject: RE: Need suggestions for something. Help me out, Bzoink?
You could cut out on a piece of cardboard or something, the shape of a product that's sold in the store then write your resume information on it. You could add color and draw things on the shape to make it look like the product and maybe put the store name on it.
Hi, I'm Ashley-
http://twitter.com/_ashleyrose__
http://www.formspring.me/norwegianwood9
http://norwegianwood9.tumblr.com/

rudieinsilks

Forum Monster
Profile | Journal
Posted: 14 May 2009 07:48 PM         Subject: RE: Need suggestions for something. Help me out, Bzoink?
Thanks for the suggestions! I ended up dismantling a cardboard box and covering one side in scraps of a race card from Thistledown, and taping a bunch of my film photography prints to that with some double sided-tape. I wrote all my contact info and my resume and references and a few fun facts in Sharpie on the back. :D

Quote Of The Now: "Time will wash away the wounds you feel today, and I will stay here with you and make sure you're okay."--800 Octane

-iloveyou

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 14 May 2009 07:55 PM         Subject: RE: Need suggestions for something. Help me out, Bzoink?
That sounds pretty awesome. :)
BROOKE.
being a coward isn't a legitimate career.
rudieinsilks

Forum Monster
Profile | Journal
Posted: 14 May 2009 11:14 PM         Subject: RE: Need suggestions for something. Help me out, Bzoink?
I think I'm going to take some photos of it. I hope they'll let me have it back.

inept321

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 14 May 2009 11:38 PM         Subject: RE: Need suggestions for something. Help me out, Bzoink?
What store is this??

roxy-ryan

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 15 May 2009 08:05 AM         Subject: RE: Need suggestions for something. Help me out, Bzoink?
Wow that's the first I've heard of doing something like that. Here when I apply for a job I fill in a simple application form or pass in my resume.
Haha

Sounds good what you ended up doing though (:

What kind of store is it ?

Roxy Ryan
Obsessed with AMC's The Walking Dead, Disney and Tumblr.

Poppy is God.

Forum Index : General : General Talk

Page: 1