Topic: Ughhh. Not fair.
Forum Index : General : General Talk : Ughhh. Not fair.  
amandahudson48

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 02 Feb 2009 05:25 PM       Subject: Ughhh. Not fair.
Today, at school were copying notes in English. I was done but some people weren't and our teacher, Mr. Martin, asked us to raise our hand if we were bored. I did. My biggest mistake. He told us that we had to write a three page essay on who we would give a million bucks to. It's outrageous. He said he'd give us a zero and write us up if we didn't. This is a teacher I normally like, but for real? That's not fair at all....
"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans."

I'm Amanda.
Talk to me.
shiny-italy

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 02 Feb 2009 05:32 PM         Subject: RE: Ughhh. Not fair.
That's horrible. :shock: One time a teacher was mad at us and we had to write an essay on..a religion or something. Ughh *hugs*
I'm Heather. I'm 27 years old and I live in Fairbanks, Alaska. I love glaciers!
amandahudson48

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 02 Feb 2009 05:33 PM         Subject: RE: Ughhh. Not fair.
Yeah, but it's not even the whole class only like 5 or 6 of us.

I'm Amanda.
Talk to me.
shiny-italy

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 02 Feb 2009 05:34 PM         Subject: RE: Ughhh. Not fair.
Then that's definitely unfair. :shock: That was an odd thing to do..eeesh
I'm Heather. I'm 27 years old and I live in Fairbanks, Alaska. I love glaciers!
amandahudson48

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 02 Feb 2009 05:35 PM         Subject: RE: Ughhh. Not fair.
Gah. I know..
Mean old geiser.

I'm Amanda.
Talk to me.
unexpected1-85

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 02 Feb 2009 08:09 PM         Subject: RE: Ughhh. Not fair.
Yeah, it is mean. I would hope he changes his mind about it - and maybe he'll give extra credit or something. Since it was only a select few students...
Heh.
Good luck with that...so who are you giving the money to, in your essay?
I've seen love die way too many times, when it deserved to be alive;
I've seen you cry way too many times, when you deserved to be alive
a l i v e.
your-nightmare

Forum Monster
Profile | Journal
Posted: 02 Feb 2009 08:28 PM         Subject: RE: Ughhh. Not fair.
hmmm, English teachers...hate them..

good luck with the essay..

The name is Randi
I work at Mc'ds...never eat their fries...i know how they make them...XD
lepixiesan

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 02 Feb 2009 08:50 PM         Subject: RE: Ughhh. Not fair.
My English teacher was amazing last semester...I miss him.
These walls are strange...

My name is Wendy.
pinkbbpenguin

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 02 Feb 2009 09:33 PM         Subject: RE: Ughhh. Not fair.
Awww. I'm sorry. Haha, I can just see you raise your hand and then have a look on your face that shows how un-fair he is. Who would you give a million dollars too?
Name is Brooke.
Feel free to call me Creek. :]
hannahcc

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 02 Feb 2009 09:40 PM         Subject: RE: Ughhh. Not fair.
Thats messed!

I can finally see my smile again cause hes the one my heart beats for..

I'm hannah.. Talk to me!
pinkbbpenguin

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 02 Feb 2009 09:59 PM         Subject: RE: Ughhh. Not fair.
That sucks! Haha. I'm so sorry, Amanda. I once raised my hand when my teacher asked and they made me take a chair and hold it above my head to see how long I can keep it there. :(
Name is Brooke.
Feel free to call me Creek. :]
-egocentricity-

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 03 Feb 2009 09:09 AM         Subject: RE: Ughhh. Not fair.
Wow, that's fairly messed up, in my opinion. Personally, I would say **** that, and just not do it. Then again, I have a slight problem with people going on unnecessary power trips. High school teachers are one of those people. They are supposed to help us crave learning, desire knowledge, and actually become OKAY with going to school each and every day. They're not instilling a love of learning by piling on worthless busy-work. And by writing about giving someone 1 million dollars, unless you're just learning how to write, you're not gaining anything from the experience.

Haha, I can picture my dad's reaction if I came home with an assignment given to me based on those terms. He'd have a cow, storm the school building with a blazing temper, and launch obscenities, logic, and law from all angles. At least I know I come by my hatred for BS honestly.
[ it's an " e g o thing. " ]
lepixiesan

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 03 Feb 2009 09:48 AM         Subject: RE: Ughhh. Not fair.
Oh my gosh, Ego, your father sounds so much like my mother that it's ridiculous. My mom really taught me how to stand up for myself over things like that. Last year for English we were supposed to write about a law that we felt was unfair and state our opinions about it, as well as factual information about the law. I did everything exactly right, but because my teacher had differing opinions, he gave me an extremely low grade.

For the first time, my mom refused to talk to my teacher for me. She handed the phone to me and said, 'Stand up for yourself' and walked away. That's something I really admire my mom for, she taught me how to stand up for myself and what I believe in.

My name is Wendy.
-egocentricity-

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 03 Feb 2009 10:02 AM         Subject: RE: Ughhh. Not fair.
Yeah, my dad taught me a lot about sticking up for myself as well - especially where people in positions of authority were concerned ( although not necessarily where POLICE were involved, lol - but that's different ). I learned that just because they were adults in a position of power it did NOT mean - under any circumstance - that they were perfect, or that they could do no wrong. So, if I was wronged or felt that I was being treated in a way that was belittling, unfair, or just plain stupid, I knew that I had the right ( and the guts ) to bring it up. [ Pueblo has some very, very bad teachers; I've had to confront a couple on a few grade-based questions, etc. They have almost no regard for their students, which is sad. These are the people we're slaves to for 7-8 hours a day, yet ... they don't even CARE. There's a LOT wrong with that picture. :/ ]

Too often, people don't speak up ... when they have every right to do so. We all owe it to ourselves to not take crud from anyone, lol.
[ it's an " e g o thing. " ]
lepixiesan

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 03 Feb 2009 10:11 AM         Subject: RE: Ughhh. Not fair.
Exactly Ego. I swear, my mother is pretty much my biggest hero, to be honest. She's taught me more than any stupid teacher has ever taught me.

My name is Wendy.
Forum Index : General : General Talk

Page: 1 2 3 Next>>