Topic: After high school.
Forum Index : General : General Talk : After high school.  
fmercury777

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 30 Dec 2008 01:43 AM       Subject: After high school.
If you haven't graduated from high school yet, what are your post-high school plans? And if you have, what are you doing?
KAYTEE. That's me.
"If you're gonna make love do it everywhere!" - Freddie Mercury
shiny-italy

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 30 Dec 2008 01:51 AM         Subject: RE: After high school.
After I graduated I went to college for a semester and a week and then dropped out in January. I did nothing and them moved to Alaska in April. I got a job at a bookstore in June or July, which is where I'm currently working. After March or something I may get a job at Barnes and Noble. I'm with a job agency where they help you gets jobs and stuff and my job councelor/coach told me about a summer college class where you might be able to go on field trips to glaciers!! Maybe we'll look into that too lol
I'm Heather. I'm 27 years old and I live in Fairbanks, Alaska. I love glaciers!
pinkbbpenguin

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 30 Dec 2008 01:54 AM         Subject: RE: After high school.
I'm in the 8th grade.
But I am gonna graduate HS.
Then going too college too become a Nurse!
:)
Name is Brooke.
Feel free to call me Creek. :]
fmercury777

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 30 Dec 2008 02:00 AM         Subject: RE: After high school.
Ah. Well this year, my junior year, stress of school has kinda killed all ambition. When I was a freshman, I wanted to go to Columbia University to be a journalist, but my GPA is awful. In sophomore year, I wanted to major in philosophy and do some world traveling and go to spiritual places or summat. But I don't want a big stressful career, nor am I really interested in spiritual stuff anymore. So I think I'm going to live with my cousin in Brooklyn, New York and work for a year and a half somewhere nearby and then go to Brooklyn College or something. I might major in sociology and do sociological crap and be a novelist at the side. Or perhaps I'll want to be a sex therapist. But no matter what I do, I'm going to write.
KAYTEE. That's me.
autumnfalls

Forum Monster
Profile | Journal
Posted: 30 Dec 2008 02:11 AM         Subject: RE: After high school.
I'm a senior, so the stress has really been on me to decide what I want to do with life. My parents are both nurses, so they've always encouraged me to go into the medical field. If things work out, I want to be accepted to the University of Conway to get a doctorate in physical therapy. And if I don't like physical therapy, occupational therapy is my second option. My parents work with a lot of PT/OTs, and one woman in particular, who graduated from UCA as an OT just a few years ago, says that she'll be more than happy to let me go with her to work one day and see what it's like.

My only fear - gross anatomy. O_O
"Can you play any better than that?"
-Interviewer
"Well, always you can improve, no?"
-Rafael Nadal
xkatyxconspiracy

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 30 Dec 2008 02:50 AM         Subject: RE: After high school.
I'm a junior, and when I graduate high school, I'm going to go to a community college, and do my first two years of basics there. During that time, I'm going to be working on my music, and will hopefully already have a band established by then. I'd love to make it in the music industry. It's always been my dream. As cliche as it might sound, ever since I was younger, I knew that music was my calling. It just comes so easily and naturally to me when I'm playing an instrument. But, if for some reason that doesn't work out, I'll go back to college, probably to study forensics.
Would it be okay if I took your breath a w a y ?
fmercury777

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 30 Dec 2008 03:26 AM         Subject: RE: After high school.
I was gonna do that community college thing too, but then I realized I don't wanna go to a bigger university AT ALL. So I'm just gonna settle for a simple laid-back liberal arts place. I'm still thinking about the New York thing. Seeing as how I'm not very ambitious, I might stay here in San Antonio and go to a community college with my boyfriend, if we're still together.

I care far more about love than my education. lol. I care about everything more than education. Except money. And fame.
KAYTEE. That's me.
-egocentricity-

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 30 Dec 2008 06:23 AM         Subject: RE: After high school.
After I finished with high school, I started at a community college when that summer came to an end. Right now, I'm majoring in visual communications, and I am planning on transferring to a 4 year university in the [no longer so distant] future.
[ it's an " e g o thing. " ]
-iloveyou

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 30 Dec 2008 09:51 AM         Subject: RE: After high school.
After I graduate, I want to go to college.
Then become an actuary.
BROOKE.
being a coward isn't a legitimate career.
amandahudson48

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 30 Dec 2008 10:04 AM         Subject: RE: After high school.
I'm going to graduate and then go to college. I think I want to go to college at either Southern Miss or LSU. It just depends. I know I don't want to go to college anywhere around here. I want to get away. I might want to be a photographer or I could always just be over Academy of Kung Fu, since it is my dad's business. Or, since I love to cook, I could take over the restaurant now that Johnathon doesn't do that anymore. I'm not sure honestly.
"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans."

I'm Amanda.
Talk to me.
-iloveyou

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 30 Dec 2008 10:11 AM         Subject: RE: After high school.
Yeah, I wanna go far away when I go to college, too. Being here all my life, going to the comunity college doesn't sound all that great. Photography is awesome..
BROOKE.
amandahudson48

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 30 Dec 2008 10:13 AM         Subject: RE: After high school.
Yeah I agree. I need my space.
Photography would be nice. I just don't know.
Kung Fu would be so easy. Ah.
Easy or hard? Hm...

I'm Amanda.
Talk to me.
-iloveyou

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 30 Dec 2008 10:13 AM         Subject: RE: After high school.
Kung Fu is very ..interesting haha.
I don't know anyone who does or teaches Kung Fu.
BROOKE.
amandahudson48

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 30 Dec 2008 10:15 AM         Subject: RE: After high school.
:shock:
Ah. It's interesting like me.
Ha. Interesting is just a nice word for weird.

I'm Amanda.
Talk to me.
-iloveyou

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 30 Dec 2008 10:22 AM         Subject: RE: After high school.
I wasn't meaning it as weird.
Fine..
Kung Fu is a very unique career choice, Amazing.
Haha.
BROOKE.
Forum Index : General : General Talk

Page: 1 2 3 4 Next>>