Topic: valentines day?
Forum Index : General : Relationships : valentines day?  
itmightbefriday

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 13 Jan 2010 11:59 AM       Subject: valentines day?
hey guys, just looking for some advice:
what d'you think i should get my boyfriend for valentines day? we've been dating 6 months atm, and he loves music, football and guitar. but i have no idea what to get him. and he's the kind of guy who gives amazing presents, so i feel like i owe it to him to get him something really good. but then again, i dont wanna over-do it.

any ideas?
they would be much appreciated! (:
xx
I'm Ciara.

http://www.formspring.me/itmightbefriday
daniellexx5xx

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 13 Jan 2010 04:16 PM         Subject: RE: valentines day?
Gah, I'm with you, hun. D:
I'm awful at picking out presents.
I have no idea what to get my boyfriend. -_-
Hmm, well you said he likes music, what kind of music does he like? Maybe you could get him a band shirt, or something related to his favorite band / artist or something. I don't know much about football anymore, but maybe you could get him something that has to do with his favorite football team, like a jersey, or hoodie, or something. :/

Yeah, told you I was awful at this.
Well I hope you figure something out! :]
itmightbefriday

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 14 Jan 2010 08:41 AM         Subject: RE: valentines day?
yeah they're good ideas, thanks danielle (:
i knoww, it's so hard finding good presents!
i hope you get a brainwave too (:
xx
I'm Ciara.

edwardsgirl20

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 14 Jan 2010 03:18 PM         Subject: RE: valentines day?
Lol i know how that is ive been with my bf for 3 years and still dont know what to get him......last year i just got him his favorite football team jersey and a small box of chocolates he seemed to love it alot lol.....but man what to get him this year??? Lol......good luck to both of us! :D
"TIME PASSES. EVEN WHEN IT SEEMS IMPOSSIBLE. EVEN when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me. ~ Stephenie meyer
mizzshears

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 03 Feb 2010 12:27 PM         Subject: RE: valentines day?
Males are so hard to buy for! seriously UGH!! To make it worse it's my boyfriends birthday the day after valentines day : / I'm really skint too so i'm making him a coupon book full of nice things and i've bought lots of cheap lollies and sweets i'm going to put in a big jar with some love notes in. For his birthday, im going to decorate his bedroom at uni with lots of twinkly lights and balloons for when he walks in after his lecture. I'm also attempting to paint a big canvas with us two on for him to put on his wall, because he said it looked too bare and would just like to put a massive photo of me up there haha

You could get him a plectrum, that has something on it from his favourite band or something, you can get them fairly cheap from ebay, buy some heart sweets :] ermmmmm
Nickname: Burdock

itmightbefriday

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 05 Feb 2010 03:10 PM         Subject: RE: valentines day?
yesss. guys have it so lucky! it's really hard for us to buy stuff for them.
aw, that's really sweet burdock! i'm sure he will love it!

& thankyou for the ideas. yeah, i might try and get him a plectrum actually, that'd be good. see, im thinking of making him some kind of valentines day gift-basket with lots of cute little things, and a mix cd of songs that remind me of him.
i just hope he likes it. :/
I'm Ciara.

ouilleaux

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 06 Feb 2010 03:04 PM         Subject: RE: valentines day?
Mix CD and some guitar things and a jersey or something. :)
Emotional Landscapes.
Björk
xkatyxconspiracy

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 07 Feb 2010 03:10 AM         Subject: RE: valentines day?
I think the gift basket idea is a good one. :]

Okay, I finally decided what to give Jake... I'm making a scrapbook. Normally I wouldn't do that for a guy but he's more of the romantic/sappy kind of dudes so I figured it's okay. The only thing I was kinda "ehhh" about was the fact that we don't have a whole lot of pictures together. But my sister said that doesn't matter because I can just add more as our relationship progresses. Which makes sense.

So what I did is, on the first page of it, I got those like 3D sticker thingies, and they're bowling pins and a bowling ball... because we first met at a bowling alley. And I was going to write some lyrics on the page, so it'd say;
"Remembering everything about my world and when you came. Wondering the change you'd bring; means nothing else would be the same. Did you know what you were doing, did you know? Did you know how you would move me? Well, I don't even think so." etc.

And then the second page I decorated with Toy Story stickers, because he asked me to be his girlfriend while we were watching Toy Story 1&2 in 3D. And on that page I was going to put more song lyrics on it. Sooo that would say;
"It's been three years filled with problems, but now you're here almost as if to solve them, and I can't live in a world without you now. All my life I've been searching for you, how did I survive in this world before you? And I don't want to live another day without you now. And this is the best thing, the best thing that could be happening, and I think you would agree. The best thing is that it's happening to you and me. I'll go back to before we met, try and erase the past, try harder to forget, 'cause nothing will ever be as good as here and now. 'Cause when I looked into your eyes, and you dared to stare right back, you should've said 'Nice to meet you, I'm your other half.' Always knew I'd find someone, but I never dreamt it'd be like this; you've surpassed all that I've hoped for and ever wished. And I'm trying so hard with all my heart and mind to make your life as good as you've made mine." etc., etc.
And oh! I also kept my Toy Story movie ticket stub (lame I know), and so I also glued that to the page. :]

And then there's several other pages where I'm just gonna put pictures of me and him with all those "love" and "you and me" stickers and whatnot. And I'll probably write random quotes/song lyrics on the pages as well.

Oh, and I'mma make him a mixed CD as well, because he's really been wanting me to make him another one. And of course, there's gonna be a love letter as well. :P
And I'm putting this all in this big box that's all Valentine's-y and whatnot and I'm gonna put tissue paper and that shredded up paper and stuff and yeah in it and make it look all pretty.

Wow, I typed wayyyy more than I meant to. But anyway, my question is, do you think that's an okay gift? I'm worried that he's gonna like, think it's stupid and uber cheesy. >.>
Would it be okay if I took your breath a w a y ?
-thoughtlessdork

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 07 Feb 2010 03:34 AM         Subject: RE: valentines day?
Katy that is a Great idea!, i love the Scrapbook and Quotes/Lyrics idea sounds
very memorable and sweet (:, your very Creative and i can tell you put in alot of thought and love towards his valentine's day gift it's not cheesy at all it's simply wonderful i know he's gonna love it! :D

http://www.formspring.me/PurpleVomit

keena
Gemini ❤ 12 02 09
Occupation; Dorky punkie Junkie Chick
I'm searching for my piece of light, it rains, it pours
I'll find my way but please don't leave me here again All alone.
holloway

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 07 Feb 2010 01:41 PM         Subject: RE: valentines day?
Completely agreed with Keena.
That sounds like such a cute thing, Katy!
He won't think it's cheesy, he'll love it<3

And I pretty much stole Keena's last words there.
"When the sky turns gray
and everything is screaming
I will reach inside
just to find my heart is beating"
itmightbefriday

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 07 Feb 2010 03:13 PM         Subject: RE: valentines day?
aw katy, that sounds so cute!
i'm sure he'll love it - he can keep it forever! and yeah, if you leave some blank pages at the back you can keep on adding stuff to it. (:

well. i finally sorted it out.
i went to thorntons (chocolate shop) and bought him a big heart shaped chocolate and i asked the thornton's people to write a message on it with icing and it says 'you don't know how lovely you are' - song lyrics from 'the scientist' by coldplay. & then i got him a nice t-shirt, and i made him a mix cd of songs that remind me of him. ohh, and i also got him some orange tictacs because he loves them. XD i hope that's a good present. :/ yeah and im planning on finding some cool guitar picks too.
thanks for all your ideas guys.
I'm Ciara.

chelss-2009

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 13 Feb 2010 11:34 AM         Subject: RE: valentines day?
Gosh, I wish I had everything all planned out like you guys do. It's tomorrow and I still don't know what I'm doing for him. I know I'm going to bake him something just because that's always cute, right? But I have NO idea what else. I would really love to do something like Katy's idea but I don't think I would be able to pull it off the day before Valentine's Day :/ Blah.

Forum Index : General : Relationships

Page: 1