Topic: Christmas Lights!
Forum Index : General : General Talk : Christmas Lights!  
andy

Wannabe Rockstar
Forum Moderator
Profile | Journal
Posted: 05 Nov 2008 07:10 PM       Subject: Christmas Lights!
Haha, once Halloween hits I'm non-stop from one Holiday to the next. ;) Tonight I went out and bought some stupidly expensive C9 (the bigger bulbs) LED Christmas lights. For some reason I've never really been a fan of the big bulbs. I guess just because they get hot and break really easily.. Or used to. The new ones are all very durable plastic and the LED is super energy efficient. I've been holding off on buying LED lights for years because they have a weird hyperactive shimmering effect that I don't like when you see them out of the corner of your eye. They seem to have fixed that now too.

Anyway, I bought these lights to decorate the Bzoink building here in downtown Cedar Springs, Michigan. It's a big building, so I figured bigger bulbs would look better on the roof line.

I'm not going to lie.. I'm now in love with C9 LED lights. I want a million more of them. haha.

I'll get up pictures of the building later on, after Thanksgiving. I have to get out there and put a bunch of the lights on tonight or tomorrow because it'll be getting colder and snowing again later this week.

The Bzoink building is one of the tallest buildings in town and it's really cool up on the roof!
I am the very fancy owner and creator of Bzoink! Thank you for using it.
Feel free to private message me and add me as your friend.

Message Me | Journal | Profile | Add Me
lepixiesan

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 05 Nov 2008 07:12 PM         Subject: RE: Christmas Lights!
There's a Bzoink building? Dude! Can I live there?

I can't wait to see the lights!
These walls are strange...

My name is Wendy.
jessa

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 05 Nov 2008 07:18 PM         Subject: RE: Christmas Lights!
There is a beautiful Bzoink building, on Main Street in Andy and my home town, Cedar Springs, Mi. He needs to post some of those pictures already.
I'm the tallest one here.
andy

Wannabe Rockstar
Forum Moderator
Profile | Journal
Posted: 05 Nov 2008 07:37 PM         Subject: RE: Christmas Lights!
Christmas Lights

There's the lights, and the first glimpse of the Bzoink offices. Haha. I've got the camera and camera cord out now so I'll go snap some pictures once I pick the lights up off the floor.

l-baby

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 05 Nov 2008 07:39 PM         Subject: RE: Christmas Lights!
Nice lights, Andy. I think you guys should get a big blow up turkey to put in front of the building, for the Thanksgiving spirit.
Hi, I'm Laura - Nickname Kawaii.
I'm pretty rad, so get to know me.

Quote Of The Week: "I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed." - James Thurber
Bzoink Quote Of The Week: None, yet.
Current Mood
; Sick
Current Song Of Choice
; "What Do You Got" - Bon Jovi

Current Count Down; 21 Days Till Jim Gaffigan Live
-egocentricity-

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 05 Nov 2008 07:50 PM         Subject: RE: Christmas Lights!
Oh, bright, multicolored walls. I'm liking that office already.
[ it's an " e g o thing. " ]
andy

Wannabe Rockstar
Forum Moderator
Profile | Journal
Posted: 06 Nov 2008 07:36 PM         Subject: RE: Christmas Lights!
Well, I had clip issues, but I have about half of the roof lights on the building! Now it's raining so I had to stop (the dark wouldn't have stopped me).

I still don't know if those clips are going to hold.. But I guess I'll find out eventually if the strands start falling off the side of the building, haha.

I guess tomorrow afternoon is supposed to be 'decent'. It'll be dry anyway, and in the 50s. So I can finish up tomorrow.

Putting lights on the front of this building is towards the top of the scariest things I've ever done. Haha.

andy

Wannabe Rockstar
Forum Moderator
Profile | Journal
Posted: 20 Nov 2008 07:15 PM         Subject: RE: Christmas Lights!
Since it was snowing so hard today I was thinking I might light the building up earlier than planned.. I like to wait until after Thanksgiving.. But! The city also started lighting things up and hanging their Christmas decorations on main street today.. They just were in front of Bzoink lighting things up a bit ago..

I'm scrambling to run all the extension cords to where they need to be.. I have everything with power running to it except the front of the building.. Which would be the windows you see behind me in the webcam. And I have to change my plans on how to power those I think.. The roof is definitely ice covered and I already had to go up there twice tonight.. Very scary.

So.. the building might be lighting up tonight, and it might not.. Assuming everything works once I plug things in anyway. Hehe.

Eh, and I'd actually have a couple more strands to hang on the building.. but I'd like to get the majority of things on tonight if I can. :?

andy

Wannabe Rockstar
Forum Moderator
Profile | Journal
Posted: 20 Nov 2008 07:52 PM         Subject: RE: Christmas Lights!
I lit it all up. I don't know if I like it.. but oh well, there's not a whole lot I can tweak.. Mainly I don't like how sloppy the windows look, but whatevz.. I'm hanging out of windows 20 or so feet high.. heh.

andy

Wannabe Rockstar
Forum Moderator
Profile | Journal
Posted: 20 Nov 2008 08:19 PM         Subject: RE: Christmas Lights!
I got the bug out of my system.. heh. I unplugged everything. Not sure when I'm going to light them up for good for the season but it won't be until I can get two more timers, put up the rest of the lights, and make a display for the window downstairs.

kayla-rhs2012

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 20 Nov 2008 09:33 PM         Subject: RE: Christmas Lights!
:shock:
sooo cool!
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." - Richard C. Trench
hol714

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 20 Nov 2008 09:48 PM         Subject: RE: Christmas Lights!
That's awesome 8)
Forum Index : General : General Talk

Page: 1