Topic: Skunk!
Forum Index : General : General Talk : Skunk!  
andy

Wannabe Rockstar
Forum Moderator
Profile | Journal
Posted: 26 Oct 2008 08:53 PM       Subject: Skunk!
It's gross and icky outside. First sloppy snowflakes of the season.

Anyway, because it's getting cold out the animals in the attic above my bedroom have been making a lot of noise the last couple of nights. This freaks me out. Sometimes it sounds like they're right in my bedroom, and I'm pretty sure they're not.

Tonight I went and bought a live trap for an animal the size of a squirrel or a chipmunk because most of the noise sounds bigger than a mouse. (but I did buy a bunch of mousetraps and they will be killed, I'm mean, I know)

I've never been up in my attic, I've lived here for 2 years in December. So that will be the hardest part, getting up there and crawling around. I'm pretty sure it's just joists and I won't have anywhere to walk.

This story is rambling, let me get to the point. I didn't plan on actually setting the trap tonight, but would have if decided I could. But my ladder to get up in the attic trap thing is way out in the backyard.. I got the flashlight and went out to get it.. I'm shining my flashlight all over because there's lots of wild animals out here.. And then suddenly I flash it to the ground RIGHT in front of me and it's a SKUNK! 5 feet away. So I just kind of freeze, but apparently he was way more afraid of me because he was on the move, and luckily not spraying me..

Needless to say I ran back to the house and will have to get the ladder tomorrow while it's snowing. :-p
I am the very fancy owner and creator of Bzoink! Thank you for using it.
Feel free to private message me and add me as your friend.

Message Me | Journal | Profile | Add Me
jessa

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 26 Oct 2008 10:14 PM         Subject: RE: Skunk!
For a second, I thought that the story was going to be that the skunk was in your attic...

That'd be a better story.

Boo snow. No snow here yet, thank God.
I'm the tallest one here.
andy

Wannabe Rockstar
Forum Moderator
Profile | Journal
Posted: 26 Oct 2008 11:11 PM         Subject: RE: Skunk!
I wouldn't be surprised if one was up in the attic, though I haven't ever smelled one around the house.

I already got one mouse, and two traps have the bait gone.. I have to go out and get rid of that dead mouse and reset the three traps. I just have 5 traps out in the garage for now, until I can get up in the attic.
I am the very fancy owner and creator of Bzoink! Thank you for using it.
Feel free to private message me and add me as your friend.

Message Me | Journal | Profile | Add Me
jessa

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 27 Oct 2008 01:33 AM         Subject: RE: Skunk!
Well, good luck getting the noisy creatures out of your attic.
I'm the tallest one here.
xxblaqkelectricx
x

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 27 Oct 2008 01:33 AM         Subject: RE: Skunk!
lol I thought you were gonna say there was a skunk in your attic too XD

Jeremiah 29:11

-----------------------------------------------

*Feel free to call me Blaqk! ^_^
Forum Index : General : General Talk

Page: 1