Topic: COVID 19
Forum Index : General : General Talk : COVID 19  
andy

Wannabe Rockstar
Forum Moderator
Profile | Journal
Posted: 17 Mar 2020 09:33 AM       Subject: COVID 19
No I'm not here to tell you how Bzoink is keeping you safe and how I'm sanitizing all the menu links every half hour.

How are you all holding up in your neck of the woods?
I am the very fancy owner and creator of Bzoink! Thank you for using it.
Feel free to private message me and add me as your friend.

Message Me | Journal | Profile | Add Me
chasingghosts

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 18 Mar 2020 04:17 AM         Subject: RE: COVID 19
Haha, I hope you're sanitsing our links...

Things are weird in Australia. My holiday that was planned for next week has been cancelled as there will be no international flights past 31st March. I'm pretty bummed about it because I've been planning this holiday for years and things kept getting in the way. Who would have guessed a global pandemic would get in my way this time? :D

Besides that, we're not on lockdown or quarantine or anything like that. Large gatherings have been cancelled and non-essential travel is advised against but schools and shops are still open. We're expecting a bigger lockdown in the coming week or two but our PM said today that it wasn't "feasible" even though we've seen it happen in other countries around the world. I'm working from home and feeling grateful I have that opportunity doing what I do. I know a lot of people don't have the option and I know many people all over the world are losing their jobs. I hope this whole thing is over sooner rather than later.

How is everyone else?
another-sky

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 19 Mar 2020 04:52 AM         Subject: RE: COVID 19
Sorry to hear about your holiday being canceled :( hopefully it's not long before you can go!

Honestly this all feels like a weird/bad dream. I've been feeling sick since Tuesday with a dry cough, chest pain, and a bit of fatigue. It's pretty mild, I'm not sick enough to go to the doctor, so I don't know if it's actually the coronavirus or just a cold/flu/etc, but I'm erring on the side of caution and self-quarantining for two weeks. On top of all this, my the industry my husband works in has been hit really hard and no one knows what the future holds. I've been looking for jobs in case he's furloughed and we need to start dipping in to our emergency fund, but it's hard for me to find work that I'm able to do with my disability. Lots of uncertainty right now, but I'm handling this better than I ever though I would, so at least there's that!
- Kelly -
roxy-ryan

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 30 Mar 2020 04:02 AM         Subject: RE: COVID 19
^ same as I am in Australia.
My flights were cancelled and all concerts and live shows and gathering cancelled. Today was announced no more than two people in social gathering or publicly in my state and still 1.5 metres apart. Only 5 people at weddings, 10 people at funerals.
I am in isolation because of my medical issues and weak immune system.

Roxy Ryan
Obsessed with AMC's The Walking Dead, Disney and Tumblr.

Poppy is God.

Forum Index : General : General Talk

Page: 1