Topic: Your Oddness and Phobia's...
Forum Index : General : General Talk : Your Oddness and Phobia's...  
samanthajo24

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 28 Feb 2007 09:25 AM       Subject: Your Oddness and Phobia's...
Okay, So recently, I've had a lot of time on my hands and was thinking about my odd habits and weird phobia's.
So, Here are a few of them;

(1) I have a phobia of stray human hair. :shock:
(2) when I wash my hands I can't always touch the tap afterwards, so I get a flannel and turn the tap off with that. (it doesnt happen every time I wash my hands, just occasionally)
(3) I make my bed every morning; It's never un-made.
(4) I don't like people using my Towels or my bedsheets and pillow cases for their beds.
(5) I clean my room everyday. That includes; Dusting everything, Mopping floor, Hoovering; Changing my bed sheets (every three days); re-organise things (probably two times a week) etc..

So, yeah, I think I have really odd tendencies and I'm going to try and knock them down a bit. I've kind of realised I'm a bit of a clean freak :shock: Is that good?

Okay anyways, just wondering if any of you have any odd tendencies or phobias? and what they are?.....
Sammy Jo
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 28 Feb 2007 09:34 AM         Subject: RE: Your Oddness and Phobia's...
[1] I have to shut my door until it clicks twice. If it doesn't click twice, I twitch and will get up and close it. This includes when friends close the door. If I'm not the one throwing my weight against it to make it click twice, I go insane.
[2] I am afraid of the dark.
[3] I am afraid of spiders.
[4] I lost the Game.
[5] I shot the puppy.

[6] 4, 5, and 6 should be ignored. I'm tired.
remember when?
sliced-bread-no2

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 28 Feb 2007 12:45 PM         Subject: RE: Your Oddness and Phobia's...
hmmmmm, get the feeling this should be in the nonsensical randomness list. but anyways

1). i hate all wasps. painful and pointless
2). i have an obsession to dye my hair green but i keep backing down
3). if i'm listening to a song and if i miss a part ( like noise to cover a part) i have to restart the song
"If the Rock hits you, it will kill you, if he misses, the wind created by his miss will give you Pneumonia and you will die anyway"- The Rock

samanthajo24

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 28 Feb 2007 01:51 PM         Subject: RE: Your Oddness and Phobia's...
hmmmmm, get the feeling this should be in the nonsensical randomness list. but anyways

Yeah, I was going to put it in Nonsensical Randomness. Strangely, My mind just kinda told me to put it here lol :D
Sammy Jo
skiesfirepaved

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 28 Feb 2007 02:20 PM         Subject: RE: Your Oddness and Phobia's...
Hah, the cleaning obsession seems to be a fairly common thing ... I wonder why. Isn't it a form of OCD?

My phobias:
- deep water/dark water. I've never been a strong swimmer but I used to enjoy it until one day I was in the swimming pool, and I suddenly thought about what would happen if "something" were to come up underneath me and try to drag me under; I now haven't swum for about 4 years. =P This even extends to the point when my boyfriend took me to the Sea Life centre, and you know those tunnels they have were you walk through the shark tank with water on all sides? Took me about half an hour to cross it, haha
- Spiders (doesn't everyone...)

I'm also severely freaked out by sloths (DON'T ASK), but I'm not sure if that's really classed as a phobia. I dunno if I could walk past one or not, because the only time I've seen one in real life was on the other side of glass at the back of a cage ... but photos really creep me out, and if I see video footage of them moving it brings me close to tears. XD XD
My name is Sari.
I am 22-years-old.
I live in England.
I love horses, Unicorns, music, writing and photography.
I own 2 horses, 2 cats, 1 hamster and 3 rats.
samanthajo24

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 28 Feb 2007 02:52 PM         Subject: RE: Your Oddness and Phobia's...
Hah, the cleaning obsession seems to be a fairly common thing ... I wonder why. Isn't it a form of OCD?

Yeah, I think so. My parents have thought that about me at one point. But then they discarded that idea. I'm trying to knock the whole 'to-much-cleaning' thing down a bit. But I still hate when people use my bedsheets for their beds and my Towels. Isn't that odd?...

And yes, Spiders, I can truley say I hate them.
I also have an obsession of blaring my music out loud. My parents always tell me to turn it down. So when they go out, I always blare it. Maybe just to get back at them?...I have no clue. Hmm. :shock:

Okay, If I think of any more, I'll let you all know :D
Sammy Jo
sliced-bread-no2

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 28 Feb 2007 02:57 PM         Subject: RE: Your Oddness and Phobia's...
yeah, i always turn my music up loud.

i keep getting asked to turn it down, and i'm telling my parents "ITS ROCK MUSIC! ITS MEANT TO BE LOUD"

obviously shouting because the musics loud
"If the Rock hits you, it will kill you, if he misses, the wind created by his miss will give you Pneumonia and you will die anyway"- The Rock

xeno

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 28 Feb 2007 03:48 PM         Subject: RE: Your Oddness and Phobia's...
Phobias

- Spiders Only the ones with REALLY long legs 0_o
- Heights. But only usually if im balancing on something or somewhere which i have no form of security or safety
- Making a fool of myself Im not so bad now, but i used to be scared shitless of this happeneing

Oddness

- Organisation. Whenever i go on a trip or have a day out i HAVE to know what we're doing, where we're going and what time we're meeting. I can't stand people who can't organise a damn thing and just leave everything down to someone else to do.

- Loud noises. Whenever im doing something or i know people are asleep i can't stand people how bang and crash about, or have their music up too loud. During the day or when im not busy yeah thats fine but any other time its like hitting a hammer on my head >.<

- Bullshitters. I hate people who constantly go on about how they did this and how they did that or how they can do such n such. Especially since its blatantly a lie.
samanthajo24

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 28 Feb 2007 03:51 PM         Subject: RE: Your Oddness and Phobia's...
- Organisation. Whenever i go on a trip or have a day out i HAVE to know what we're doing, where we're going and what time we're meeting. I can't stand people who can't organise a damn thing and just leave everything down to someone else to do.

Yes, I have that little oddness too. I hate it when people leave everything up to someone else. That 'someone else' being me. All the time.
Sammy Jo
xhan

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 28 Feb 2007 11:22 PM         Subject: RE: Your Oddness and Phobia's...
Phobia's

- large expanses of water. I HATE IT. Sari. I agree with you 112%. Though I still swim in pools... and can swim. I just can't float on my back for fear of being grabbed by something (croc, shark) aaand if I'm on a boat and I can't see land. I freak. Really bad.

- Frogs. They're just so... EUCK.

Oddness

1. While a passenger in a vehicle I tend to make zig zag patterns and line patterns... with an imaginary line that seems to bounce of one power pole to another on the other side of the road. I've done it for years. n_n;

2. When I'm drawing... and really getting into whatever I'm scribbling, I tend to get reaaaally close to the paper. As in, my nose is about 2 inches away. And then I frown/squint/do that thing.

3. I talk to myself. Out loud. All the time. Well... whenever there is no one directly near me. Though they might be around the corner and perfectly able to hear me. And then I comment to myself about how I'm talking to myself and in the end I crack myself up laughing cause I'm talking to myself and talking back to myself about how I'm talking to myself.

4. While driving at night... I swerve into the other lane just to hit a toad on the road. (country roads people. country roads)

5. I question reality all the time. Like the whole matrix theory thing happening. "ZOMG There is no spoon!" XD

6. I count stairs when I go up or down a staircase. There are certain sets of stairs at work that if I don't count the steps... I WILL trip.

7. I love spiders.

8. I relate to fictional characters as though they are real. So if one of them dies or something... I mourn. For days.

Yess... xhannay is a loser. n_n;
samanthajo24

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 01 Mar 2007 12:26 PM         Subject: RE: Your Oddness and Phobia's...
Lol I count steps too. XD

I remembered a few odd things about me...
1) I can't eat my food if it looks really messy. If it does i try to make it look tidier and then eat it.
2) I can't stand it when you get those teenagers who cake makeup on their faces. The only result they get is messed up mascara and eyeliner. They get on my nerves. :x
3) I don't really like crowded places.
4) I hate when I go ice-skating and people I know bump into me on purpose. :shock:
5) when I don't want to get up in the mornings, I tend to burrow under the covers for about 10 minutes.
6) I don't drink fizzy drinks without a straw. I don't like that fact that it can stain your teeth. And I like my teeth so I just don't drink fizzys without a straw, and I don't drink a lot of coffee too.
7) someone once asked me if they could feel my hip bone. Everytime I ask him why he wanted to feel my hip bone, he says its a fetish he has. And that kind of annoys me. Why would someone want to feel someone's hipbone?.... it's just weird... :? I think I have a phobia of this guy.
8] I brush my teeth in the shower & and I brush my teeth 3 times a day, With two different toothpaste's. First is Colgate Total and straight after Pearl Drops. Heh, Weird 'aint it?.........
Sammy Jo
xeno

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 01 Mar 2007 02:07 PM         Subject: RE: Your Oddness and Phobia's...
7) someone once asked me if they could feel my hip bone. Everytime I ask him why he wanted to feel my hip bone, he says its a fetish he has. And that kind of annoys me. Why would someone want to feel someone's hipbone?.... it's just weird... :? I think I have a phobia of this guy.

Never heard of that fetish 0_o Bloody weirdo

You should of told him "Touch your own bloody hip bone then if you like it that much" and swiftly walked away :P
samanthajo24

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 01 Mar 2007 02:24 PM         Subject: RE: Your Oddness and Phobia's...
lol I should have said that :lol: I would have loved to see his reaction.

Honestly, though, he is the weirdest person I have met. I mean, he is a fun type of guy but when he asked to feel my hipbone I was a little speechless. I went 'Huh? did I just here you right? you wan't to feel my hipbone?' He said, 'Yes, I'd like to feel your hipbone, It looks nice. it will be pleasurable.' I just thought, wtf?!... is he insane? I didn't let him touch my hipbone. I find it freaky that a guy finds it pleasurable to touch someones hipbone. O.o
*sighs* I will never understand. Out of all fetishes he could have chosen to have...he chooses a hipbone. :shock:
Sammy Jo
xeno

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 01 Mar 2007 03:30 PM         Subject: RE: Your Oddness and Phobia's...
I know 0_o I wouldn't even think about asking something like that to a women unless i was going out with them. But even then i wouldn't ask to specifically touch you're hip bone... maybe im just odd -_-

5) when I don't want to get up in the mornings, I tend to burrow under the covers for about 10 minutes.

I do that every morning XD
samanthajo24

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 01 Mar 2007 05:11 PM         Subject: RE: Your Oddness and Phobia's...
I wouldn't even think about asking something like that to a women unless i was going out with them. But even then i wouldn't ask to specifically touch you're hip bone... maybe im just odd -_-

No, I don't think your odd because you wouldnt ask to touch a hipbone. I think the guy that asked to touch my hipbone was odd. I just don't understand it... pleasuring hipbones or getting pleasure from feeling up a hipbone.... :shock: It would be like me asking a guy if he would let me feel inbetween his fingers or toes because I find it pleasureable... It's just freakish and slightly perverted.
Why not something normal like lightly trailing your fingers over someones arm or thigh or even stomach? that's much more pleasureable than groping someones hipbone. Its something I find hard to understand. I must have said that about a hundred times by now but.. Its just.. Bizarre. :shock: :?
Sammy Jo
Forum Index : General : General Talk

Page: 1 2 3 Next>>