Topic: Your thoughts, comments, or concerns?
Forum Index : General : General Talk : Your thoughts, comments, or concerns?  
andy

Wannabe Rockstar
Forum Moderator
Profile | Journal
Posted: 24 May 2009 09:47 PM       Subject: Your thoughts, comments, or concerns?
I haven't been around Bzoink much the last week or so. This is mainly because I'm not reviewing surveys currently. And if I'm around the site then I feel compelled to review surveys and get rid of, what I feel is, inappropriate content.

However, Bzoink continues to lose traffic and money at an alarming rate. I realize saying this probably doesn't help the cause at all. My current only option and thought process after countless months of trying to get traffic to turn around again has been to let the smut surveys stay on the site. So.. that's what I've been doing.

If people use the rating system correctly (which most of the worst don't) then I don't feel like this is much of an issue. You've been warned and it's your fault for proceeding if you get offended.

This was my feeling for years. Not that I ever really encouraged disgusting surveys. Then 2 or 3 years ago someone obviously had a problem with me or the site and apparently reported me to all of my advertisers because I got an email from every last one of them in the same week and I lost most of them. Bzoink has been hurting ever since, and was forced to remove a lot of content in order to get advertisers back.

But, now am I not only missing several advertisers still, traffic has been on a decline ever since.. From 60,000 people a day.. To recently.. 15,000 people a day.

So.. regardless of lots of words. The real subject of desired input is 'smut' being allowed back onto Bzoink to a certain extent.
I am the very fancy owner and creator of Bzoink! Thank you for using it.
Feel free to private message me and add me as your friend.

Message Me | Journal | Profile | Add Me
lepixiesan

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 24 May 2009 10:13 PM         Subject: RE: Your thoughts, comments, or concerns?
You know my thoughts on this. There's an R rating for a reason, and as long as some people try to use it, then I don't see the problem. Not only that, but people should know by now that the internet is just generally unclean.
These walls are strange...

My name is Wendy.
anmsie

Forum Monster
Profile | Journal
Posted: 24 May 2009 10:22 PM         Subject: RE: Your thoughts, comments, or concerns?
I agree with Wendy.
Although it is not exactly what would be most appropriate, it is a way to keep people interested.
I think it is sad that we have to allow dirty things everywhere nowadays just to keep people interested.
But the R rating is sort of an enter at your own risk sign for those who do get offended.
the name's ashley.

current song:"thinking out loud" by: ed sheeran.
current phrase:"awesome sauce."
current countdown:1 day until st. pattys!
current status: takennnnnn.
**idea was taken from l-baby.**

roxy-ryan

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 24 May 2009 10:57 PM         Subject: RE: Your thoughts, comments, or concerns?
Agreed with the above ><

Roxy Ryan
Obsessed with AMC's The Walking Dead, Disney and Tumblr.

Wanna keep a hold of my heart
I'm falling into this again
Falling in and out of love.
l-baby

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 25 May 2009 12:13 AM         Subject: RE: Your thoughts, comments, or concerns?
Again, I will repeat what the other two said - There is a reason for the rating system. You click it, it gives you a nice little warning and you know what you're walking into. If you don't want to see a R rated survey then don't click on them plain and simple. As long as the R rated surveys stay IN the surveys and not on the forums I'm fine with it. I will not allow anyone to feel uncomfortable in the forums and I don't think you would either Andy, so I'm sure that's not an issue. But the surveys are surveys with a nice little warning, if your easily offended DON'T click them plain and simple.
Hi, I'm Laura - Nickname Kawaii.
I'm pretty rad, so get to know me.

Quote Of The Week: "I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed." - James Thurber
Bzoink Quote Of The Week: None, yet.
Current Mood
; Sick
Current Song Of Choice
; "What Do You Got" - Bon Jovi

Current Count Down; 21 Days Till Jim Gaffigan Live
xkatyxconspiracy

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 25 May 2009 01:50 PM         Subject: RE: Your thoughts, comments, or concerns?
I basically agree with what everyone else says. There's a rating system for a reason, and, so long as people rate their smutty surveys "R", then I don't see a problem with letting the dirty surveys stay on Bzoink.

I do agree with Ashley, though... that it sucks that if there's not dirty content on a website, it doesn't attract as many people. :-/
Would it be okay if I took your breath a w a y ?
danceislove2409

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 25 May 2009 02:18 PM         Subject: RE: Your thoughts, comments, or concerns?
i agree with above.
let me just give a suggestion.
hire people to go through the surveys and rate them theirselves.
because some people have different views on what is 'R' rated
compared to 'PG-13' or 'G'
theycallmekristina.
i believe there is a good in everybody, & i intend to find it.
i believe a smile can make everything different.
i believe in never saying goodbye.. only 'see you later'.
i believe in love, not finding it doesn't mean it isn't there.
& i believe that optimism is the key to happiness. (:

'You said look on the bright side, but the bright side looks black and white. Just one more time, can we scale this fence and scream at the city lights? If we're playing for keeps, you already beat me'.
Forum Index : General : General Talk

Page: 1