Topic: Smoking
Forum Index : General : General Talk : Smoking  
-smile-

Forum Monster
Profile | Journal
Posted: 17 Apr 2009 12:42 PM       Subject: Smoking
What's your opinion about smoking? What do you think about people who smoke?

I'm just curious and I want to know people's opinion about it and their reasons behind it...

Smile and the world smiles with you
Keep Smiling...

Because You Never Know Who Might Be Falling In Love With Your... Smile
It might be stormy now, but it can't rain forever...
friendly-fire

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 17 Apr 2009 12:49 PM         Subject: RE: Smoking
I do it occasionally when I'm really stressed out but I actually haven't had a cigarette in about five months. I honestly don't care if other people do it, the only time I find it disgusting is when someone is smoking a pack a day.
Hi, I'm Ashley-
http://twitter.com/_ashleyrose__
http://www.formspring.me/norwegianwood9
http://norwegianwood9.tumblr.com/

lepixiesan

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 17 Apr 2009 01:10 PM         Subject: RE: Smoking
I really don't care as long as they're not hurting the people around them. I have pretty bad asthma and when people smoke around me or if I'm in a smoky environment, then I get really out of breath. Before no smoking laws were put into effect in Ohio, my family and I were really limited to where we could go to eat. I also loved bowling and most of the bowling alleys near my home allowed people to smoke

I don't mind if people smoke in their own cars, homes, or even outside of public places as long as they're not hurting anyone or they're willing to stub it out if they are.

I usually am tolerant of people smoking and I'll just walk away if it bothers me but I was once half way through a two hour line at an amusement park for a ride I really wanted to go on and the man in front of me started smoking. I got really short of breath and actually felt like I was going to pass out. My friend told the man to put it out and he refused. We ended up waving over a park official and got him kicked out of the line because it was against the rules to smoke in the lines. I mean, he saw me having trouble breathing. He could have been polite enough to put it out.

Like friendly-fire said, it also really grossesme out when people smoke like... A pack day
These walls are strange...

My name is Wendy.
l-baby

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 17 Apr 2009 01:24 PM         Subject: RE: Smoking
I personally would never smoke myself. I'm way too sensitive to the smell of it, it makes my nostrils burn and my throat burn. Plus I have this weird problem with the thought of inhaling something 'unnatural' into my lungs, anything other then air isn't something I can mentally get over. Although, even though I would never smoke myself I have no hard feelings towards anyone who does smoke. I don't think any less of them. I just make sure I keep my distance when there is a cigarette around.
Hi, I'm Laura - Nickname Kawaii.
I'm pretty rad, so get to know me.

Quote Of The Week: "I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed." - James Thurber
Bzoink Quote Of The Week: None, yet.
Current Mood
; Sick
Current Song Of Choice
; "What Do You Got" - Bon Jovi

Current Count Down; 21 Days Till Jim Gaffigan Live
beachbum47

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 17 Apr 2009 01:56 PM         Subject: RE: Smoking
I know lots of people that smoke, but I wouldn't do it either. I have gotten used to it from being around people that do it, but IMO, i think it's gross :P

*Name is -Hope- but you may call me Dandelion*

My favorite song of the week: .I Did It For You. by David Cook

I am Head of the Gardening & Naturing of Weeds (especially Dandelions!) and also Signature Editing ^_^

Mood(s) of the day: ~TIRED~
-egocentricity-

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 18 Apr 2009 07:52 AM         Subject: RE: Smoking
As someone that used to smoke, I can say that I have a rather apathetic approach toward other people that choose to - unless, of course, they're being rude with it, or smoking like a freight train; in which case, I agree that it can be quite bothersome ( to be around, and to merely witness ). If someone's willing to face the potential consequences, then I think that ( the decision ) should be up to that individual. I don't necessarily condone it, but I'm not going to think any differently of someone that does, either.

It's one of those things ( honestly ) that's just better to stay away from, if you can. Quitting is an emotional rollercoaster, and at least a few-month ride on the ol' mood swings. Better to just forego that entirely, and never pick up the first cigarette. I'm not trying to sound preachy, I'm just speaking from experience. Personally, I'm glad ( and proud of myself ) that I quit. Best decision ever, pretty much - and a check mark next to one of my New Year's Resolutions, too.
[ it's an " e g o thing. " ]
-smile-

Forum Monster
Profile | Journal
Posted: 18 Apr 2009 08:58 AM         Subject: RE: Smoking
Hmm...Yeah...

I don't mean to offend anyone who smokes, but personally, I can't stand smokers. I can't stand the smell of the smoke and what I don't understand is, why are they doing it? I mean, sure it's addictive and stuff but still...

Obviously, everyone knows by now the effects of smoking...to me, it's like your killing yourself...committing suicide, if you get what I mean...

Basically, you're coating your lungs with a tar-like substance and still expect them to work properly. Isn't that killing yourself?

Smile and the world smiles with you
Keep Smiling...

Because You Never Know Who Might Be Falling In Love With Your... Smile
It might be stormy now, but it can't rain forever...
screamnadiexo

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 18 Apr 2009 09:18 AM         Subject: RE: Smoking
I dont have a problem with people who smoke. I mean i agree there is no real reason for it, and i wouldnt want them to smoke in my house or anything, but tbf its their lives, who am i to judge?
I know lots of people who smoke, i have smoked on occasions, i wouldnt want to take it up personally, bt what others do is up to them ")
Don't cry child.
You've got so much left to live for
Don't cry child.
You've got something I would die for

The best thing that ive done in my life.. fall head over heels in love..
(and hold a baby crocodile of course!)

Love&&Stuff
screamNADIExo

dipsliderideout

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 18 Apr 2009 10:30 AM         Subject: RE: Smoking
Yeah, I believe that smoking is stupid and that doing it is pointless considering people by now know that it will kill you. However, I'm with most of you in the sense that although I don't do it myself, I don't really care if other people smoke, as long as they don't do it near me. lol I'm like Laura with smoke, it makes my eyes and throat burn when someone smokes around me and the smell of cigarette smoke makes me sick. So, as long as someone doesn't smoke around me, I'll be okay. It's there life, so if they want to smoke, I'm not going to telll them what to do.
It's not about how someone is, it's about who they are. If you think in terms of how, you're missing the point.
mandalew

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 18 Apr 2009 11:32 AM         Subject: RE: Smoking
Honestly, a large amount of people I know smoke. They are pretty much addicted to the nicotine and can't quit. It's sad to see them having trouble breathing, when it can certainly be helped. I don't understand why they don't seem to care how harmful smoking can be. Not only that, but like many of you have already stated, the smell is far from pleasant. It's kind of embarrasing to smell like smoke, when you aren't even the one smoking, but it's second-hand. I could add a lot more onto that, but I've summed it up clearly enough.
Amanda :]
unexpected1-85

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 18 Apr 2009 07:49 PM         Subject: RE: Smoking
I've smoked for ... 6 years now. Never start. I know that sounds very hypocritical, but it is hard to quit once you start. I have made the decision to quit, but I haven't done it yet. There are reasons behind that, but they are not worth listing here. Why? Because they're all crap excuses.

So, as a smoker myself, smoking doesn't bother me. However, I do find it bothersome when I walk into a place and that's all I can smell. I don't like it when a person smells like smoke. I don't smoke in my house. I just don't want the smell to be lingering, and I don't want things in my house turning yellowish (due to the smoke). But I have respect for people that don't smoke, and if someone asked me to put a cigarette out, I'd have no problem doing it. Especially if they were asthmatic, or were obviously having trouble breathing. I have no freaking clue how people can chain smoke, or smoke 2 or 3 packs a day. That just seems unnecessary to me. I mean, cigarettes aren't exactly cheap.

It started out as a stress reliever for me...believe it or not, it's actually very effective.

I know about the health risks. But lots of other things are harmful for you, too. The things you eat, the chemicals you may inhale...the list is pretty endless. I hate when people get preachy about the health risks; chances are, they are doing something unhealthy, too. Most of the time, they don't even realize it.
I've seen love die way too many times, when it deserved to be alive;
I've seen you cry way too many times, when you deserved to be alive
a l i v e.
eekkk-its-emmi

Forum Monster
Profile | Journal
Posted: 18 Apr 2009 08:38 PM         Subject: RE: Smoking
Well I recently decided to quit smoking. Other people smoking doesn't bother me. I, personally, think people just like to put a lot of blame on smokers.Like the person before me said, there are a lot of other things people do that are health risks. Yeah I don't ever smoke around people who have a problem with it or babies. I believe it's someone's choice how much they want to. If you have the money to support the habit then why not? but if you're struggling with bills and stuff then you should at least try to cut back on smokes.

Smoking is so hard to quit. I didn't think I was that addicted so I thought I'd be a piece of cake. I didn't realize how much I relied on it as a stress reliever and yes it is a good stress reliever. And I'm having some hard times so I kinda need them (or at least think I do). Nicotine withdrawal is not fun and you tend to yell at people more. For those who ever think of starting make sure you think about all the reason's you might have to quit, money and health problems. Make it a really educated decision to start or not.
"Sucking the marrow out of life doesn't mean choking on the bone."

My philosophy:
You're life means nothing if you do anything less than what you want.
But first you do need need to realize the difference between good and bad,
then live it.

bubbles13

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 18 Apr 2009 11:12 PM         Subject: RE: Smoking
Well.
Im honestly used to like cigrete smoke and the smell coz my mom has since i was little. my dad did too but he quit.
I personally will never smoke.
Other people that smoke well it doesnt bother me coz im used to it already.
They can ruin thier lungs and stuff. its their life. i have no right to judge them or anything.
mizzshears

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 19 Apr 2009 06:14 AM         Subject: RE: Smoking
Well most of my familly don't smoke, and are heavilly against it so i've never really been exposed to smoking. I hate it when I go into peoples houses though and can smell the smoke, I always end up having to have a shower to get rid of the smell after. I also hate it that they congregate around entrances..like hospitals grrr. I'm glad they've banned smoking in public places it's so much nicer, and really the smokers don't mind either. There's only one person who I care about dearly who smokes, and that's my boyfriend. I hate the fact that he does it, but he doesn't do it all the time, and he never smells or tastes of smoke, apart from when he's just had one then I refuse to go near him har har, so now he never has one when i'm there :p
Nickname: Burdock

-egocentricity-

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 21 Apr 2009 03:06 PM         Subject: RE: Smoking
I know about the health risks. But lots of other things are harmful for you, too. The things you eat, the chemicals you may inhale...the list is pretty endless. I hate when people get preachy about the health risks; chances are, they are doing something unhealthy, too. Most of the time, they don't even realize it.

I completely agree with this. Most of us do something that's harmful, and - as said above - it could be unintentional, but it's still damaging. Another thing that bothers me is when people that DRINK ( alcohol ) have the audacity to criticize smokers - AS IF one is better than the other. Now, if they drink in moderation, of course they're probably doing less harm to their bodies, but the type of people I know that tend to bash smokers are the types to spend all weekend partying until they puke / pass out / wake up with a hangover / etc. NO, that is NOT any better - in fact, that disgusts me far more than the smell of cigarette smoke EVER could. Excessive alcohol intake is a problem, too ( alcoholism / addiction ). I like to point that out to a few of my " party-goer " friends, who used to get condescending on the topic of cigarettes. They don't really realize how hypocritical they're being. : |
[ it's an " e g o thing. " ]
Forum Index : General : General Talk

Page: 1 2 Next>>