Topic: what are we waiting for???
Forum Index : General : General Talk : what are we waiting for???  
chukcha

Pwned Newbie
Profile | Journal
Posted: 19 Sep 2006 01:00 PM       Subject: what are we waiting for???
I can't remember in details, but there was a story about a ****roach, who intruded the forest, he was threatening the animals with murder, and all the animals were really worried, and they would bow to him, and appologise and shievered before him. He created a huge fear in the forest, the life of those animals turned to hell, it was not like before at all. One day, he came close to the Elephant and scared him, and so the Elephant gave a nervous jump, and.... stepped on the ****roach, and so the ****roach was dead. And the animals realised, that it was nothing but the little filthy insect.
This is how I see what's happening with the muslim and the other world.
I mean, hey, Pope Benedict had to appologise. What for? What was actually so insulting? And WHY are we not able to say anything about the TRUTH? It is so true, and they want an appology, *****s!!!
Are we that scared? What is keeping the WHOLE WORLD from just giving a little kick in the butt to these stupid fanatics. Are they that powerfull?
No, really, I don't understand
I hate world with people in black with the opening for the eyes, and I would hate every one of them if they burn this unique planet.
CS
andy

Wannabe Rockstar
Forum Moderator
Profile | Journal
Posted: 20 Sep 2006 01:57 AM         Subject: RE: what are we waiting for???
wtf
I am the very fancy owner and creator of Bzoink! Thank you for using it.
Feel free to private message me and add me as your friend.

Message Me | Journal | Profile | Add Me
fuzzynerds

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 20 Sep 2006 08:56 PM         Subject: RE: what are we waiting for???
er... I concur with Andy.
Still a lurker. But I love you.
chukcha

Pwned Newbie
Profile | Journal
Posted: 21 Sep 2006 05:58 AM         Subject: RE: what are we waiting for???
Ok, thanks for you great answers. Hope it won't be too late for you to change your minds. See ya, have a good life.
CS
fuzzynerds

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 21 Sep 2006 07:45 PM         Subject: RE: what are we waiting for???
Er... sorry? I mean, we didn't mean to offend or anything. I just didn't get what the whole post was even about. Maybe it was the starring of so many words, the grammar, and the lack of context that made my brain all confused... or maybe just the fact that I know nothing about what's going on in the world today. heh.
chukcha

Pwned Newbie
Profile | Journal
Posted: 22 Sep 2006 04:12 AM         Subject: RE: what are we waiting for???
Alrighty then, sorry, my English isn't 100%.
My point was, that all the crazinness happening these days with the muslim and non-muslim world is a bit frastrating. Pope Benedict made a comment about Koran, which was a true fact, but the muslim opposing as well as threatening. In fact, they opposing and threatening all the time. I had "pleasure" to meet a lot of them in the past, and my opinion - they hate everyone around them, they hate the white women, how they behave, they hate the westerners, they hate the Slavics, all is in their minds is "hate", "murder", "revenge", just give them a reason, and if there isn't they will find it..
P.S. I referred to the roach as to muslim extremists and also how we see them. The world is concenred about their behaviour, but I don't think we realise how much stronger we would be if we opposed, the political correctness isn't working with these people, they will continue to kill, and be what they are. And unless one big elephant would press its pow on the roach, they will not respect us.
CS
fuzzynerds

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 22 Sep 2006 09:02 PM         Subject: RE: what are we waiting for???
I think I get it now. I heard about the whole muslims being offended by the pope, but I never heard exactly what he said, so I really don't have an opinion either way. I feel so totally ignorant. haha. I know nothing about world issues. But I can tell you what town Breaking Benjamin is playing in next and when the new Papa Roach album comes out. ;-) That's probably pathetic... but whatever. XD
chukcha

Pwned Newbie
Profile | Journal
Posted: 23 Sep 2006 02:31 AM         Subject: RE: what are we waiting for???
Ok, sorry if I confused you guys.
I was just soooo mad after the muslim comments on Pope's speach, I had to speak out myself on several forums. I can not stand it anymore, it's getting way to much, I think. They criticising the west, but we're not allowed, they warning to kill us, and we're not allowed to defend ourselves, I began to wonder - what are we actually expecting soon?
But anyways, I am not trying to involve anyone in it, I am just looking for answers.
CS
karoras-spirit

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 23 Sep 2006 01:14 PM         Subject: RE: what are we waiting for???
Have to (somewhat hesitantly) agree, I think some people blew Pope Benedict's remarks out of all proportion. I mean, his actual lecture kind of went over my head (I TRY to keep up with world events, but I'm not the smartest cookie in the jar!), but given that all he did was quote something *someone else had said* - hmmmm.

Note no-one is burning effigies of the emperor Manuel II Paleologus, as far as I know.

So far as I can tell, he never said he agreed with the statement, and he wasn't even quoting it in order to make that specific point himself. So yes, I cautiously disagree with the uproar over the whole thing, but then, as I said, I don't actually understand the whole lecture so I'm not going to go around shouting about my outrage about it because I think getting passionate over things I'm not actually very knowledgeable about is a pretty stupid idea.
(And if I've got this whole thing backside-about-face, then I'm very sorry: just correct me.)
johnnymcdizz

Pwned Newbie
Profile | Journal
Posted: 13 Oct 2006 01:32 AM         Subject: RE: what are we waiting for???
If man were meant to pass judgement on his fellow man, he would be smart enough not to. You can't just blow them up because they're pissed at the pope. What they NEED is help educating their children to the tune of tolerance and maybe bringing them into the second, or maybe even the first world. You would hate the world too if your favorite passtime was comparing rocks (no offense to any geologists). Let's hope they aren't too proud to accept help coming to the new world after this whole fiasco blows over.

On a different note, I WOULD like to see Osama in a deserving situation... If he did "it" or not, he has claimed responsibility and is what we call "ASKING FOR IT". I wish people's cultures involved more respect for foreign ideas.
"There is no statement so absurd that no philosopher will make it." ~Cicero
chukcha

Pwned Newbie
Profile | Journal
Posted: 14 Oct 2006 08:43 AM         Subject: RE: what are we waiting for???
If man were meant to pass judgement on his fellow man, he would be smart enough not to. You can't just blow them up because they're pissed at the pope. What they NEED is help educating their children to the tune of tolerance and maybe bringing them into the second, or maybe even the first world. You would hate the world too if your favorite passtime was comparing rocks (no offense to any geologists).

What they need, is to be under the control, like the dogs on leash, because, by the time they will overcome the stone age, WE probably would not exist anymore. Our political correctness will not work, we're not dealing with the children who have temporary tantrum, those people are grown up and have the ability and finance to do things, horrible things. :cry:
I knew a muslim who told me something once - "Nostradamus predicted that we're going to rule the world, we're chosen by God... even Nostradamus confirms it( :lol: ), and we will prove it to you"... and... "we're going to spread, and we'll get rid of the 'infidels', they will be the minority"
Do you see where I am coming from? They don't care about being educated, they're under hypnotic state. Scary.
CS
meritsekhmet

Pwned Newbie
Profile | Journal
Posted: 19 Dec 2006 01:07 PM         Subject: RE: what are we waiting for???
Hmmm...Pope Benedict's comment was even less offending to muslims as it is generally thought to have been (can somebody please help me with my English?!).
You talk about dogs on a leash. But - who is gonna hold the leash, actually? "We"?? The "Western World"?? Is there not a chance that we might get just as unpredictable, power-hungry (indeed we are already) and ignorant as "Them"?
I don't know if there's an English translation of the book "Der Untertan" (somewhat like, "The Servant"???) by Heinrich Mann. If there is, read it. I think humans are all created evil, and restraining the radical muslim just isn't the solution, "we"'ll turn into a roach as well.
The ancient Romans used to kidnap the children of the "savage" people (like Germans, mwaha) and bring them to Rome to raise and educate them. It may be a bit cruel to do that, but I think this is a step in the right direction.
We all have to make compromises and cooperate. The fundamental or radical Christians aren't really the ideal solution either, nor are the fundamental muslims...
I'm getting pessimistic about this maybe. My hippie heritage vs my hopeless idealism...Sorry if I ramble...
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 19 Dec 2006 08:30 PM         Subject: RE: what are we waiting for???
Honey, you talk with better grammar and spelling than most Americans do. It hurts my soul to have someone who has English as their second/third/fourth/whatever language come here and freak out because they mispelled antidisestablishmentarianism, and then see Americans come in and be like "lol spek americn lolz". Seriously, here. (Though, I still want to see what foreign textspeak would be like. ...on second thought, no, I imagine it would be like watching fangirl Japanese, with SMS. "lolz kawi i <3 u lolz SASKE-SAMA 4 LIFE LOLZ die naruto tme lolz ustonkchi!!111"...

I have no idea what I just said, but I don't think it was good.

Baack on topic... I almost wish I could lock this topic, because I can see it easily degenerating into a flame war, with two-- or more-- sides shouting at the other(s) until they're hoarse and in tears of frustration. Our point of views aren't going to change. As I understand it, the point everyone is trying to make is something along the lines of "We need to arrest/get rid of/go Nazi on the extreme Muslims", and then everyone else is saying, "No, no, give peace a chance"? If I misinterpreted it, sorry, my brain broke trying to figure out the original post with the cockroach (...I assume that was the starred word? It's an actual name, it doesn't need to be starred out.) analogy, so.

My two cents is thus: I'm an idealist, and I think that everyone has a reason for what they do. I may not agree with the reason, and I may not understand their reasoning, but I know that if they believe they're right, that's something. I admire people who have the courage to stand up for what they believe in, whether it's "right" or "wrong". I'd very much like to talk to-- I don't know-- Hitler, or Nero, or Hussein, and ask them why they do what they do, because then I think I'd understand them a little bit better.

On the other hand, religion powers a lot of hatred in this world, and I think that's amazingly stupid. We do need more tolerance. We need people to realize that there is always, always a chance we're wrong. Furthermore, I firmly believe that the existence of God cannot be proved or disproved beyond a shadow of a doubt-- therefore, to the eyes of many people, killing nonbelievers is even more stupid, as you're killing people over a higher power that may not even exist. If people can't admit that they may be wrong-- well, then there's the problem, because then they'll kill us and feel no remorse; they're wiping out the unclean. We'll kill them back, and feel no remorse, because we're carrying out justice and protecting man's freedoms.

In conclusion, I think the entire problem is that everyone has strong opinions and convictions. That's great, that's fine, I admire you for having them, but people should be a little more understanding, whut.

I suddenly have the urge to break out a John Lennon CD and a tie-dye t-shirt...
remember when?
johnnymcdizz

Pwned Newbie
Profile | Journal
Posted: 20 Dec 2006 02:52 AM         Subject: RE: what are we waiting for???
Well put. But maybe pass on the tie-dye.
meritsekhmet

Pwned Newbie
Profile | Journal
Posted: 20 Dec 2006 10:18 AM         Subject: RE: what are we waiting for???
@keriana: That's about the thing I wanted to say...But I guess it could be misinterpreted. I just wanted to accentuate my point of view, and maybe it came off as a bit more aggressive or radical as it was meant to be (I just like contrast in discussions...)

Yup. The world is bad, and one day I'll...become president...and...uh... kinda...you know.

I guess I'm kinda influenced by people in my class who just dont care about world issues (they're 19! they're too young to give up!!), and it makes me mad.

Why I mentioned the book by Heinrich Mann: It's concerning just the problem you mentioned with the "higher power" that has actually nothing to do with you. For me, it's a revolting thought to justify something not with your own believes and opinions and stand up for yourself, but just be a servant of something and your actions are not in your responsibility, but in another's.

Someday I'll give up being so d* argumentative.
Forum Index : General : General Talk

Page: 1 2 Next>>