Topic: Post some Interesting facts...
Forum Index : General : Nonsensical Randomness / Games : Post some Interesting facts...  
samanthajo24

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 05 Apr 2007 05:54 PM       Subject: Post some Interesting facts...
The title says it all. :D
Just thought I'd make this into a game-ish thing.
I need facts for a personal project I'm doing. The facts can be stupid, serious, random etc... It really doesn't matter. :D

1) Whispering is more wearing on your voice than a normal speaking tone.

2) Spinach consumption in the U.S. rose 33% after the Popeye comic strip became a hit in 1931.

Sammy Jo
lindsay02

Pwned Newbie
Profile | Journal
Posted: 05 Apr 2007 06:42 PM         Subject: RE: Post some Interesting facts...
1. Women blink twice as much as men.

2. Children grow faster in the springtime.

3. You burn more calories sleeping than watching TV.

4. A lion's roar can be heard up to 5 miles away.

5. The first product to have a barcode was Wrigley's Gum.

Number 2 is really strange.
"Wanna Know A Fun Fact?"
askme

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 05 Apr 2007 11:29 PM         Subject: RE: Post some Interesting facts...
The expression "check-mate" comes from Armenia.

An Armenian invented the two-temperature water faucet...or whatever it's called.

Banks tend to be robbed on Fridays (I'm not sure about this one)

More people commit suicide on Mondays than on any other day of the week.

You're actually supposed to keep your toothbrush at least six feet away from a toilet.

When you are born, your eyes are grey. When you die, your eyes turn back to grey, provided they weren't grey normally. (So why when you watch crime shows do the forensic pathologists tell you that the victim has blue eyes when s/he's been dead for days?)
"I rock so hard I should be studied by geologists." - Me.
sliced-bread-no2

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 06 Apr 2007 06:50 AM         Subject: RE: Post some Interesting facts...
1. You die if you burb, fart and sneeze at the same time.
2. There are no cherries in Coca Cola Cherry
"If the Rock hits you, it will kill you, if he misses, the wind created by his miss will give you Pneumonia and you will die anyway"- The Rock

xhan

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 06 Apr 2007 07:09 AM         Subject: RE: Post some Interesting facts...
I stole these from the back of a banana chips packet. n_n;

1. In 2001 there were more than 300 Banana related accidents in Britain, most involving slipping on skins.

2. The Banana fruit is a berry and does not grow on trees but on the worlds largest herb.

3. A cluster of Bananas is called a hand and consists on 10-20 Bananas which are known as fingers.

4. I am not a Banana.
karoras-spirit

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 06 Apr 2007 09:59 AM         Subject: RE: Post some Interesting facts...
Xhan - I'm really not sure about no. 4, I can't seem to find any verifiable evidence for it...

1. Today's Tartan Day, honouring the links between Scotland and Scottish descendants in other countries. (I need to go get my kilt on, stat!)
2. From a friend of mine, who I prodded over MSN and said 'Quick! Give me an interesting but useless fact!':
adolf hitler never should have gained the iron cross first class. it was offered tongue-in-cheek by his commander to anyoen who would undertake a missiont hat no-one seemed to want to do (presumably delivering some sort of message - hitler was a message runner in WW1) and then upon completing this hitler bugged the hell out of his commander untill he gave himt he iron cross just to shut him up.
however he had previously been awarded the iron cross second class, which he did genuinely earn.

So now you know. (And yes, I misread 'bugged the hell' as 'buggered the hell' at first, which made me go "WHAAAAA?")
samanthajo24

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 06 Apr 2007 06:45 PM         Subject: RE: Post some Interesting facts...
1. You die if you burb, fart and sneeze at the same time.

That kinda frightens me... :shock: Can you imagine that happening?

When you correct for weight differences, men are proportionately stronger than horses.

The first condoms were made of linen.

It takes six months to build a Rolls Royce...and 13 hours to build a Toyota.

There is no tipping at restaurants in Japan.
aparently, If you tip at a restaurant in Japan, its insulting?.... Thats what a friend of mine told me. I'm not to sure if that's correct or not.

Wine will spoil if exposed to light; hence tinted bottles.

In Singapore, it is illegal to sell or own chewing gum. I'm not completely sure about this one... :?

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch procejt at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosnt mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. I quite liked this... :D

Sammy Jo
skiesfirepaved

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 08 Apr 2007 11:43 AM         Subject: RE: Post some Interesting facts...
The first condoms were made of linen

Ahahaha! Yeh, I can see that working ... I mean ... just how?? No, stop thinking about it Sari. >_< STOP.

And I can't actually think of any facts.
My name is Sari.
I am 22-years-old.
I live in England.
I love horses, Unicorns, music, writing and photography.
I own 2 horses, 2 cats, 1 hamster and 3 rats.
xeno

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 08 Apr 2007 01:42 PM         Subject: RE: Post some Interesting facts...
Speaking on Condoms, i remember hearing that a long time ago they used to use sheeps intestine (cut smaller and tied up in the end)... dunno where, but that is sick for all concerned :?

Some facts...

- Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise.
- Music can help reduce chronic pain by more than 20% and can alleviate depression by up to 25%.
- Every drop of seawater contains approximately 1 billion gold atoms.
- Men can breastfeed babies
- Men can read smaller print than women; women can hear better.
samanthajo24

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 08 Apr 2007 04:44 PM         Subject: RE: Post some Interesting facts...
Ahahaha! Yeh, I can see that working ... I mean ... just how?? No, stop thinking about it Sari. >_< STOP.

lol.. I actually realise that I was incorrect. It was made from sheep intestines, according to wiki. :shock:
Sammy Jo
xeno

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 08 Apr 2007 04:59 PM         Subject: RE: Post some Interesting facts...
See i told ya :P Oh god... i was right :?
samanthajo24

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 09 Apr 2007 06:07 AM         Subject: RE: Post some Interesting facts...
*Hi fives Xeno!* woot!

I knew their was a mistake made with that fact when I found it.
I thought the first condoms were made from pigs stomachs... but when I found that fact I was like 'Linen? that can't be right.' But it's a good fact site so I decided to put it down. When you mentioned something about intestines I had to go and look it up. :D
Sammy Jo
karoras-spirit

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 09 Apr 2007 10:42 AM         Subject: RE: Post some Interesting facts...
Well, after finding out that people used crisp packets (can you just imagine? Salt and vinegar ones must HURT!), nothing surprises me now.

...Thought. Wonder if they took the crisps out first?
-riz-gurl-

Pwned Newbie
Profile | Journal
Posted: 09 Apr 2007 12:03 PM         Subject: RE: Post some Interesting facts...
There are towns called, Bigfoot, Chicken, Earth, Hell, and Nameless.

The Atlantic Ocean is saltier than the Pacific.

It snowed in the Sahara Desert on Feb. 18, 1979.

Real diamonds can be made from peanut butter.

In Kentucky, it is illegal to carry ice cream in ur back pocket.

42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot. (how do they know that that one wasn't?)

Women end up digesting most of the lipstick that they wear.

On average, the life span of an American dollar bill is 18 months.

One out of every three male driver pick their noses while driving,.

A fire in Austraila has been burning for more than 5,00 years.

There are no fish in the Dead Sea.

Watermelons can cost up to 100$ in japan

If a lobster loses an eye, it will grow another one.

Cat's urine glows under a black light.

A biurd chews with its stomach.
Beautifully Awkward

samanthajo24

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 09 Apr 2007 01:10 PM         Subject: RE: Post some Interesting facts...
(can you just imagine? Salt and vinegar ones must HURT!), nothing surprises me now.

...Thought. Wonder if they took the crisps out first?

LMAO XD that is hilarious... :D
Sammy Jo
Forum Index : General : Nonsensical Randomness / Games

Page: 1 2 3 Next>>