Forum Index : General : General Talk : Wow. Just Wow.
Post New Reply
Username   Not a member? Sign up, free
Password
Subject
Message body

Emoticons
Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised
Shocked Confused Cool Laughing
Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad
Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink
Exclamation Question Idea Arrow

View more Emoticons
 Font color:  Font size: Close Tags
Options
HTML is ON
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
Do not show my signature in this post
Disable HTML in this post
Disable BBCode in this post
Disable Smilies in this post

-egocentricity-

Profile | Journal
Posted: 18 May 2009 08:34 PM       Subject: RE: Wow. Just Wow.
It seems that there are more than just a couple of bands / fans of bands that are accused of being " gay "; it's like the fall-back insult for people that can't think of anything more intelligent to say. I totally agree: calling them gay is unnecessary, as well as potentially hurtful. And, as it's been said, if they happened to be homosexual, no one should use sexuality as a way to insult someone. There's nothing wrong with being gay, period.

The insults are pretty much out of control. People can't like any band without getting some sort crud for it, it seems. xD Ignore those people that have to express such hatred; it's unfortunate that they have to act like that, and that they have to spread such hostility over something so simple and enjoyable as music. Music should be something that brings people together; it shouldn't turn forums or internet discussions into murderous " your band suxXor5!!!!111!!!!11!" flame-wars.

lm/^___^lm/ Yay; Jonas Brothers.

Edit: Aw, the forum doesn't want to accept my backward slashes. xD
[ it's an " e g o thing. " ]
shiny-italy

Profile | Journal
Posted: 18 May 2009 06:49 PM       Subject: RE: Wow. Just Wow.
They just say they're gay cause they hate them and they're close as brothers I'd imagine. People even call bands I like gay. They're immature and you shouldn't listen to them *hugs*
I'm Heather. I'm 27 years old and I live in Fairbanks, Alaska. I love glaciers!
oovictoria

Profile | Journal
Posted: 18 May 2009 06:45 PM       Subject: RE: Wow. Just Wow.
okay, i've never really been a fan of disney or any part of their franchise, but i don't see ANYTHING wrong with the jonas brothers; as musicians OR people.

i don't know if it is a publicity stunt, or just their personal views, but the fact that they practice abstinence and wear chastity rings, i think, is a very nice thing. whether they actually are that moral or not, they are still setting examples for the younger and teenage viewers of the disney channel and even mtv shows like the mtv movie awards or w/e.

also, they are all very talented as musicians. nick has an amazing voice, as does joe. not really sure what kevin is bringing to the band, but he has great hair.

so yeah, i don't know WHY people are bashing them, saying they are gay, and basically being jerks, but i agree, it's way out of line.
follow me.